Gaming DS should get more Point & click adventure games

Gandev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a shame that as a handheld console that has touch screen perfectly suitable for point and click games, there are just a few games released.I really hope that Nintendo will do something, cause DS is the perfect platform for such games.The most frustrating thing for me is that Wii is getting all games produced by Telltale games(the people who make Monkey Island,Sam&MAX,Strong bad), but DS no.I think that it should be just the opposite.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I can tell you that ScummVM DS is one of your best friends with old point and click games. It can play some of the old Monkey Island games pretty flawlessly, as well as any that use that engine.

There was Broken Sword a while back. You might try that out. Heard it was darn good for a port.

Gandev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BortzANATOR said:
haha poing and click sounds funny. it is surprising that there arent more of those for the ds.

Umm yeah and I can't change the title, but anyway poing and click is fine
biggrin.gif

?nd about ScummDS - yes I know but this is emulator playing the old games from Sierra and Lucas arts.I'm talking about something new.I have seen that Syberia is on DS , haven't tried it because I have played the PC version, but this is exactly the type of games DS needs...

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
?nd about ScummDS - yes I know but this is emulator

Technically it's not an emulator.

Someone always points this out when ScummVM is referred to as an emulator. It's tradition or an old charter or something.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gandev said:
It's a shame that as a handheld console that has touch screen perfectly suitable for point and click games, there are just a few games released.I really hope that Nintendo will do something, cause DS is the perfect platform for such games.The most frustrating thing for me is that Wii is getting all games produced by Telltale games(the people who make Monkey Island,Sam&MAX,Strong bad), but DS no.I think that it should be just the opposite.
There are shitloads of point and click DS games, there seems to be one a week and 95% of them are awful. Just low grade ports of PC games no one ever asked for.

I wonder what happened to the Runaway sequel that was supposed to come out? The Turtle one was decent.

D

Deleted User

Gandev said:
... The most frustrating thing for me is that Wii is getting all games produced by Telltale games(the people who make Monkey Island,Sam&MAX,Strong bad), but DS no.I think that it should be just the opposite.
Judging from the general quality (or the lack of it) of the console ports, I don't think we need Telltale to ruin those games on the DS too.

Gandev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Takeshi said:
Gandev said:
... The most frustrating thing for me is that Wii is getting all games produced by Telltale games(the people who make Monkey Island,Sam&MAX,Strong bad), but DS no.I think that it should be just the opposite.
Judging from the general quality (or the lack of it) of the console ports, I don't think we need Telltale to ruin those games on the DS too.

You want to say that the games are bad or the console ports are bad.Because I have played some of the games on PC, and I really enjoyed them.

eine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering that the majority of DS gamers are kids, its very understandable why they don't make much of these games.

User friendly GUI, especially kid-friendly GUI, profits more. I guess this is how developers understand and how they want it to be.

D

Deleted User

Gandev said:
Takeshi said:
Gandev said:

You want to say that the games are bad or the console ports are bad.Because I have played some of the games on PC, and I really enjoyed them.
The games are great but the console ports feel rushed. There are a lot of framerate issues and other quirks. To make it even worse, it seems like Telltale doesn't even care, because, for instance, the framerate issues are in all ports I've played.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again