Hardware DS Shell Scratches

SparrowPT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hello, so this is a DS lite that I got recently and the console is almost at perfect condition, except for these few scratches at the back. Probably someone opened it before and while trying to remove the rubber feet at the back hit the shell of the console leaving these white marks.
I already changed the rubber feet as they were also damaged but these scratches remain, and to be honest it's driving me crazy.
Is there anything I can do to make this less noticeable? Maybe polishing it a little somehow ?
The scratches turned white so it's pretty noticeable, if they stayed red I wouldn't really mind the scratches as it wouldn't be much noticeable.

What do you guys recommend me to do ? Please don't tell me to ignore it as my OCD is strong on this one and these sort of things drive me insane.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20170616_121523(1).jpg
    20170616_121523(1).jpg
    616.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 20170616_121529(1).jpg
    20170616_121529(1).jpg
    632.6 KB · Views: 197

Oschara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a case for it? cover it up at least. I feel ya though, something like that would drive me insane(OCD) haha.

SparrowPT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I'd really like to use it without any cases as I enjoy holding it without them. Yes I can't stop thinking about this crap, everytime I remember any DS game or console this comes to my mind, I really need to find a solution for it because it drives me crazy. I'll buy a case as a last resort if I don't find another method of fixing it. Hopefully someone who had the same problem before could lend me some advice on this.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
the previous owner definitely opened the console...

well it's in the back you will only look at it if you want... my recommendation is suck it up...
other than that, either a cover, or try to paint it...

Reactions: Oschara

SparrowPT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
the previous owner definitely opened the console...

well it's in the back you will only look at it if you want... my recommendation is suck it up...
other than that, either a cover, or try to paint it...
That's funny because a few days ago I actually tried very carefully painting the white things with a red painting pen that I actually had lying around, but the color doesn't stick to it.
To explain it better, I painted it, waited for the next day and when i touched it the color disappeared again and went back to white. I guess it's because of the DS lite's plastic that doesn't let me paint it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte