DS screen won't calibrate

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Uchiha Obito, Mar 16, 2010.

Mar 16, 2010

DS screen won't calibrate by Uchiha Obito at 8:50 PM (8,107 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Uchiha Obito
    OP

Member Uchiha Obito GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    So my DS is getting a little decalibrated... So I went to the menu to calibrate the touch screen.

Problem is that even with the finest piece of crap (toothpick, etc.) I can't calibrate my Touch Screen... The thing goes on and on and on and on and on until get's past 5min or so and I get bored and go out... I think my DS is just doing that to pick on my nerves...

Anyway, yes I have a screen protector, but to do it I always remove it... Still can I do something with it??? I really want to calibrate this thing since it's all screw up!

2. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    I had this problem with my DS Phat... Not sure what caused it or how to make it stop.

3. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Buy a new 3rd party touch screen from flebay. Not too hard to replace just be very carefull with the ribbon cable connector.

4. Uchiha Obito
    OP

Portugal
    Does DX has it too?

5. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    before attempting to replace the touch screen. take a clean soft toothbrush (one that you're not going to use again for brushing your teeth! [​IMG] ) and gently brush at the edges of the touch screen where touch screen meets both the plastic frame as well as the bottom half of the DS lite's shell.

getting anything stuck in between the edge can cause issues with detecting the stylus' position as well as being able to properly calibrate it.

if you do need to replace it, I would recommend going with this one from DX:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14288

it is made of plastic like the original, and packaged nicer with protective film on both sides (at least the last ones that I ordered were)

6. DarkMario616

Member DarkMario616 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That link leads to a housing >_>

But that toothbrush thing...does that truly work? I need to try it on my sisters sometime.

7. Uchiha Obito
    OP

Portugal
    Well I'll go and try that... If it does I'll let you know [​IMG]

8. Uchiha Obito
    OP

Portugal
    Ok it didn't work with me --'

9. Nick™

Newcomer Nick™ Member

Brazil
    I've got the same problem with my DS Lite. i tryied almost everything, i spent like 20 minutes trying to calibrate the touch screen. The only thing that worked a bit was when i touched it REALLY fast, but it isn't 100% still.
    @off topic
    I see you're from portugal xD
    if you're having big problems, you need to buy a new touch screen. i really don't care so much about my touch screen cuz it's not so much decalibrated

10. BlackDave

Member BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

United States
    That's a contradiction. OBJECTION!!!!!!

er....

Yeah on dealextreme touch screen digitizers are like $3 and it's easy to replace