Gaming DS RPGs with Time Skips?

Holyevil

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
44
Trophies
0
XP
123
Country
United States
I was playing this rpg that involves a group of younger kids who unfortunately, don't age at all throughout the game.

I'd really like to see an rpg that has a time skip.

The only games I've played like this are Zelda OoT, and Fable.


EDIT

List of RPGs with Time Skips/Aging:



Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
Final Fantasy IV
Rune Factory 2
Infinite Space
 

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
1,913
Trophies
0
Location
Soul Society
Website
Visit site
XP
1,451
Country
United States
technically tha zelda one aint a time skip but time travel never once has time travel ever stated that you age stays the same so on a technical level the zelda oot example is more like time travel.
 

Sora de Eclaune

Target... Illumiati... All conected...
Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2011
Messages
2,831
Trophies
0
Location
Inside My House
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
1,066
Country
United States
DarkShinigami said:
technically tha zelda one aint a time skip but time travel never once has time travel ever stated that you age stays the same so on a technical level the zelda oot example is more like time travel.
Actually, Ocarina of Time is a mix of time travel and time skips.

When Link pulls the Master Sword from the pedestal, his body is kept in stasis for seven years. There is no time travel, technically. The game simply skips ahead seven years so you don't have to wait for the time to pass. BUT, when Link puts the Master Sword back, he's somehow back to his age of 10 years and is back to 7 years before.

So...
Young Link > Adult Link is a time skip.
Adult Link > Young Link is time travel.

But actually, there's never any dialogue strictly saying that Young Link keeps the memories he made as Adult Link when he travels back and becomes Young Link again. So time travel may not even be accurate.
 

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Member
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
986
Trophies
0
Location
So close and yet so far away.
Website
Visit site
XP
695
Country
BortzANATOR said:
Something like this happens in either Rune Factory 2 or 3 cause you play as the father and then you have a kid and then you play as the kid.
That's RF1 and 2.
smile.gif
In RF3 you play as the same character throughout the whole story.

I can't think of any others besides Rune Factory as well, since most DS RPGs happen within one timeline.
 

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
667
Trophies
0
Age
27
Location
Michigan
Website
Visit site
XP
81
Country
United States
I can only think of Dragon Quest V. The game begins with you as a kid, and by the end you're a father yourself travelling with your wife and children.
 

BORTZ

The Amazing
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
13,157
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Pittsburgh
XP
14,624
Country
United States
Fel said:
BortzANATOR said:
Something like this happens in either Rune Factory 2 or 3 cause you play as the father and then you have a kid and then you play as the kid.
That's RF1 and 2.
smile.gif
In RF3 you play as the same character throughout the whole story.

I can't think of any others besides Rune Factory as well, since most DS RPGs happen within one timeline.
Are you sure that you can do that in 1? i played all the way through...
At least i thought.
 

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
536
Trophies
0
Age
41
Website
Visit site
XP
131
Country
United States
Dragon Quest IV as well features some time stuff. See, at the beginning you make your character, who's the "chosen one" if you will. Then throughout the game you play as other characters in separate "chapters" that adventure with the character as he ages, leading to the final chapter where he leads all the characters on the final leg. The first chapter has you protecting him when he's a baby!
 

Holyevil

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
44
Trophies
0
XP
123
Country
United States
Updated the first post with everyone's suggestions.

Forgot to mention aging is fine too.

Any games where the main character(s) are noticeable older by the end of the game than they were at the starting is suitable for a suggestion.

Thanks for all the current suggestions.
 

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Member
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
986
Trophies
0
Location
So close and yet so far away.
Website
Visit site
XP
695
Country
BortzANATOR said:
Fel said:
BortzANATOR said:
Something like this happens in either Rune Factory 2 or 3 cause you play as the father and then you have a kid and then you play as the kid.
That's RF1 and 2.
smile.gif
In RF3 you play as the same character throughout the whole story.

I can't think of any others besides Rune Factory as well, since most DS RPGs happen within one timeline.
Are you sure that you can do that in 1? i played all the way through...
At least i thought.
I thought you could that do that in 1 as well, my bad then. Just looked at wikipedia and it's only RF 2.
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ILeo @ ILeo:
    i might just mod it? my pc had only 1 fan with 80 temp now i added 4 fans and has 30 temp to 40 while on load
  • ILeo @ ILeo:
    might put it in a pc case?
  • ILeo @ ILeo:
    sounds good?
  • IanSkinner1982 @ IanSkinner1982:
    What is the recommended banner resolution for groups?
  • Flame @ Flame:
    i dont think they is one just get the biggest banner you find for your 70's computer group
  • IanSkinner1982 @ IanSkinner1982:
    70's and 80's! (maybe 90's too, I forgot when CBM went bankrupt)
    And alright.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    putting a 360 in a pc case is a big project... I'd just leave it at upping the fan
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    so much for making a decent group.
  • IanSkinner1982 @ IanSkinner1982:
    What do you mean?
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    I wasted my time coming up with a cool group idea, only to end up being the only member.
  • IanSkinner1982 @ IanSkinner1982:
    What was it?
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    The Post-Apocalypse Survivors Association
  • IanSkinner1982 @ IanSkinner1982:
    gtg, been nice talking for this whole minute.
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    welp
  • D34DL1N3R tempBOT:
    D34DL1N3R has left the room.
  • CPG @ CPG:
    oh hi tempbot
  • tsao @ tsao:
    hi @CPG
  • RAHelllord tempBOT:
    RAHelllord has left the room.
  • lemonmaster @ lemonmaster:
    wow wow
  • VashTS @ VashTS:
    oh hai chat
  • RedoLane @ RedoLane:
    oh hai mark
  • Hleb tempBOT:
    Hleb has left the room.