Hacking DS N5 Revolution is it a new r4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.tazbar.com/Auction/DS_N5_Revolu...RaWHFuV1htdz090

DS N5 Revolution is it the same as a r4 ds?
The n5DS Cartridge is the current top-of-the-line in DS SLOT-1 flash carts. It is just an amazing little device like original DS cart size, it is a complete solution with no need to purchase any additional components or deal with any messy software and truly the easiest media enhancer you have ever done; To simply put it, this is a must have peripheral for any regular DS/DS lite owner.

what do you think ?

swf3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The n5DS Cartridge is the current top-of-the-line in DS SLOT-1 flash carts. It is just an amazing little device like original DS cart size, it is a complete solution with no need to purchase any additional components or deal with any messy software and truly the easiest media enhancer you have ever done; To simply put it, this is a must have peripheral for any regular DS/DS lite owner.

what do you think ?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
swf3 said:
http://www.tazbar.com/Auction/DS_N5_Revolu...RaWHFuV1htdz090

what do you think ?

Never even heard of this. Looks like a cheap ripoff of R4, and DSTT.

Top-of-the-line? HAHAHAHA. None of the flashkarts need any additional softwares or anything. That's just BS. I wouldn't buy that if I were you. It doesn't even say that it has 100% download play, or game compatibility. I even wonder if the Wifi will work on that. It just says it's the best, and everyone should get one, without any proof. It never says anything about it, but just says that it's simply the best.

Get a Supercard DS1 SDHC or an EDGE card from DealExtreme. SCDS1 is $35, and EDGE is $28. Choose one of those too, because it's far better, and people actually heard of it.

Volsfan91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, I love the name.

It's like they sat down and said "What's a name that we can give it that will sound almost exactly like R4 but won't get us sued?"

Letter + number = FLASHCART WIN.

kuni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Volsfan91 said:
LOL, I love the name.

It's like they sat down and said "What's a name that we can give it that will sound almost exactly like R4 but won't get us sued?"

Letter + number = FLASHCART WIN.

I doubt that R4 being illegal and all has trademarked their product.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
Well this one seems cheaper, asked around some Chinese shops, they said they can sell it for as low as $23.
But we still don't know if it has good download play and game compatibility. Not sure if it's a good buy.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's here. I'm almost 100% sure it's the new R4, probably now with SDHC support, because the sites of R4 and N5 have the EXACT same layout, plus the N5 already has firmwares 1.15 and 1.16. Only thing is the N5 website is still under construction as the "Products", "Developments", etc. tabs don't have links yet.

BTW here is the R4 website so you can compare. Also, check this out:
N5 website said:

R4 websiteThe R4DS Cartridge is the current top-of-the-line in DS SLOT-1 flash carts. It is just an amazing little device like original DS cart size, it is a complete solution with no need to purchase any additional components or deal with any messy software and truly the easiest media enhancer you have ever done; To simply put it, this is a must have peripheral for any regular DS/DS lite owner.

Notice any similarities?
wink.gif

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow. The first post in this thread looked like spam, but still, yeah, it does look like this might be the new R4 (or a COMPLETE ripoff of R4). In any case, if it is a new R4, one wonders why they don't call it the new R4. R4 has name recognition, and N5 does not.

I found one Chinese site that's saying it's the second generation R4, but my ability to read Chinese is limited to my ability to read Japanese, so I can't read the actual detailed description.

Tillypup

Trophies
XP
Country
If you hover over the image then the hover text says 'R4-Revolution for DS...(R4DS) the webpage also has meta tags with R4DS all over them :-

CODE

adamrgolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone compared firmwares? There may be some signs if one compares files. I'm downloading 1.16 now, but its going @ 6kb/s. Will report back if I find anything interesting.

Who-is for dsn5.com

Who-is for r4ds.com

If you view the source of the main page of n5ds.com - the 2nd line of code is

Code:

unsure.gif

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If its a complete rip-off of the R4, you wont be seeing SDHC. That will only be possible with modifications to the hardware, which seems unlikely since its harder than simply doing a 1:1 clone of the ASIC chip
smile.gif

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I remember correctly, there are 2 games that does not work on R4's latest firmware:
Puppy Palace and FIFA 08 (EU)
If these two does not work on N5. This means they do have the same code.
All we need now is someone who own the new card to test it.
tongue.gif

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
Lets face it, so far, there is no evidence regarding if this is the new successor to the R4, or a rip off.

Personaly, I have high hopes. Maybe they have thanged the name etc to get away from all of the bad press in the media about the R4.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
khan said:
shaunj66 said:
It's in no way affiliated with the R4 team. It's a cheap knock-off/clone cart. Nothing to see here!

@shaunj66

Any news on R4 SDHC card?

Nope. As far as I know/have been told, the team currently have no plans to support an R4 with SDHC support.

QUOTE(halljames @ Mar 4 2008, 10:00 AM)
Lets face it, so far, there is no evidence regarding if this is the new successor to the R4, or a rip off.
On the contrary, the R4 team have told me personally that it's a fake knock-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?