Hacking DS Mode in Emunand

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know this falls under the realm of n00b stupid question which has been answered a million times before, but, is it possible to play ds games(flashcart/official game cart) on emunand? I know that usually the answer is no, but I have found a video and people saying that they run ds games under their rxtools emunand. I have rxtools and it does not work for me, as I'd expect, but what are these people doing that I am not?

Link to said video:

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm the guy who made that video above xD

At the time I had a problem launching DS games in emunand in that system while the other 3DS would play them just fine, I asked here and many people where clueless about running DS Mode in emunand, it worked for some it didn't for others so I recorded that video to show that it was fixable.

I fixed it by installing DS-WhiteList1.0-0004800F484E4841.cia from that is site in sysnand (FBI: NAND) and also installed it in emunand as well (using BBM this time).

Hope it helps you.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that somewhere along the line, rxTools stopped supporting DS mode to help with compatibility or something. The version I have supports it, but apparently newer versions don't.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that somewhere along the line, rxTools stopped supporting DS mode to help with compatibility or something. The version I have supports it, but apparently newer versions don't.
Do you know what version was the last to support DS games?

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
may i enquire as to which version you are running....also if yours is o3ds or n3ds and which system number is your current emunand....please and thank you.....,for your time.....

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why cant you just play ds in sysnand? ds mode shouldnt support downloading firmwareupdates and after you exit out of it, you can go back to emunand anyway

in addition to that, the second you start a flashcard from emunand, you're most likely moved to sysnand anyway

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this falls under the realm of n00b stupid question which has been answered a million times before, but, is it possible to play ds games(flashcart/official game cart) on emunand? I know that usually the answer is no, but I have found a video and people saying that they run ds games under their rxtools emunand. I have rxtools and it does not work for me, as I'd expect, but what are these people doing that I am not?

Link to said video:

Can you tell us which version of rxtools you were using also your emunand version number and was it on an o3ds or n3ds......thank you....

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Geh. This again.

If you are on o3ds, it works with rxtools and you may need to install the old white list and/or flashcardtimewarp, depending on what flashcard it is and if it was blocked at some time by firmware updates. I'm fairly certain they need to go on both NANDs, just like a patched agb firm for gba VC.

If you are on n3ds, it works on some old nightly (10-02) of rxtools as well as on newest reinand and cakes. It doesn't work on current rxtools nightlies. Same Whitelist or flashcardtimewarp may be required.

If it just blackscreens, it doesn't work in Emunand. If it shows an error has occurred, the flashcard is blocked and you can try the old white list or flashcardtimewarp. Still this requires that your flashcard has at some point worked on your device. You can't for example make an acekard2i work on n3ds, as it never worked on n3ds, and it also won't help to install old white list. I have a ak2i flying around and while it's recognized as a game cart, it throws me an error has occurred while my r4i gold works fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why cant you just play ds in sysnand? ds mode shouldnt support downloading firmwareupdates and after you exit out of it, you can go back to emunand anyway

in addition to that, the second you start a flashcard from emunand, you're most likely moved to sysnand anyway

While the latter may be true, it's still more convenient to start the flashcard from emunand, you don't have to reboot to sysnand first. It's just a matter of laziness. It's about the same discussion as needing region free in cfw because starting freemultipatcher once is too much work.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Geh. This again.

If you are on o3ds, it works with rxtools and you may need to install the old white list and/or flashcardtimewarp.

If you are on n3ds, it works on some old nightly (10-02) of rxtools as well as on newest reinand and cakes. It doesn't work on current rxtools nightlies. Same Whitelist or flashcardtimewarp may be required.

If it just blackscreens, it doesn't work in Emunand. If it shows an error has occurred, the flashcard is blocked and you can try the old white list or flashcardtimewarp. Still this requires that your flashcard has at some point worked on your device. You can't for example make an acekard2i work on n3ds, as it never worked on n3ds, and it also won't help to install old white list.

While the latter may be true, it's still more convenient to start the flashcard from emunand, you don't have to reboot to sysnand first. It's just a matter of laziness. It's about the same discussion as needing region free in cfw because starting freemultipatcher once is too much work.
great thank you for that....

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just forget about rxTools if you want to be able to boot DS and DSiWare from emunand.
rxTools has a lot of issues with this and I don't think they'll be fixed anytime soon.

I recommend using ReiNAND MOD made by Aurora Wright for this kind of thing.
I was also struggling to get rxTools working, some said use the Oct. 2nd version, some said to wait, etc etc.

Reinand is just easy to setup, no fancy things, just get the latest firmware.bin from Aurora Wright in that iso site and you're good to go!

I currently have my N3DS emunand running DSiWare and DS flashcard from emunand without problems. :)

TDotFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would this work for a ttds?

so I guess the original R4 and original TTDS won't work?

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Just forget about rxTools if you want to be able to boot DS and DSiWare from emunand.
rxTools has a lot of issues with this and I don't think they'll be fixed anytime soon.

I recommend using ReiNAND MOD made by Aurora Wright for this kind of thing.
I was also struggling to get rxTools working, some said use the Oct. 2nd version, some said to wait, etc etc.

Reinand is just easy to setup, no fancy things, just get the latest firmware.bin from Aurora Wright in that iso site and you're good to go!

I currently have my N3DS emunand running DSiWare and DS flashcard from emunand without problems. :)
I wanted to switch to Reinand, but there is not O3DS support :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1