DS Mode in Emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Osga21, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Osga21
    OP

Osga21 King Of All Cosmos

Jun 9, 2013
    The Cosmos
    I know this falls under the realm of n00b stupid question which has been answered a million times before, but, is it possible to play ds games(flashcart/official game cart) on emunand? I know that usually the answer is no, but I have found a video and people saying that they run ds games under their rxtools emunand. I have rxtools and it does not work for me, as I'd expect, but what are these people doing that I am not?

Link to said video:

2. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    It works. You may need to install the bluecardfix.cia if your flashcart is not supported.

3. Osga21
    OP

Jun 9, 2013
    The Cosmos
    Nope, that didn't work. Also tried to install those 2 cia files and that didn't work either. My flashcart works on sysnand, just not on emunand...

4. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    So I'm the guy who made that video above xD

At the time I had a problem launching DS games in emunand in that system while the other 3DS would play them just fine, I asked here and many people where clueless about running DS Mode in emunand, it worked for some it didn't for others so I recorded that video to show that it was fixable.

I fixed it by installing DS-WhiteList1.0-0004800F484E4841.cia from that is site in sysnand (FBI: NAND) and also installed it in emunand as well (using BBM this time).

Hope it helps you.

5. Osga21
    OP

Jun 9, 2013
    The Cosmos
    Installed them both, didn't work :(

6. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Any help with this?

I just get
    An Error Has Occurred.

7. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    I read somewhere that somewhere along the line, rxTools stopped supporting DS mode to help with compatibility or something. The version I have supports it, but apparently newer versions don't.

8. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Do you know what version was the last to support DS games?

9. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Why not just play them from sysnand?

cvskid likes this.
  10. BothyBhoy

BothyBhoy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2015
    may i enquire as to which version you are running....also if yours is o3ds or n3ds and which system number is your current emunand....please and thank you.....,for your time.....

11. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    why cant you just play ds in sysnand? ds mode shouldnt support downloading firmwareupdates and after you exit out of it, you can go back to emunand anyway

in addition to that, the second you start a flashcard from emunand, you're most likely moved to sysnand anyway

Last edited by Clydefrosch, Jan 28, 2016
    cvskid, duwen and Marko76 like this.
  12. BothyBhoy

Nov 27, 2015
    Can you tell us which version of rxtools you were using also your emunand version number and was it on an o3ds or n3ds......thank you....

13. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Geh. This again.

If you are on o3ds, it works with rxtools and you may need to install the old white list and/or flashcardtimewarp, depending on what flashcard it is and if it was blocked at some time by firmware updates. I'm fairly certain they need to go on both NANDs, just like a patched agb firm for gba VC.

If you are on n3ds, it works on some old nightly (10-02) of rxtools as well as on newest reinand and cakes. It doesn't work on current rxtools nightlies. Same Whitelist or flashcardtimewarp may be required.

If it just blackscreens, it doesn't work in Emunand. If it shows an error has occurred, the flashcard is blocked and you can try the old white list or flashcardtimewarp. Still this requires that your flashcard has at some point worked on your device. You can't for example make an acekard2i work on n3ds, as it never worked on n3ds, and it also won't help to install old white list. I have a ak2i flying around and while it's recognized as a game cart, it throws me an error has occurred while my r4i gold works fine.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

While the latter may be true, it's still more convenient to start the flashcard from emunand, you don't have to reboot to sysnand first. It's just a matter of laziness. It's about the same discussion as needing region free in cfw because starting freemultipatcher once is too much work.

Last edited by wurstpistole, Jan 28, 2016
  14. BothyBhoy

Nov 27, 2015
    great thank you for that....

15. hahaha1234

hahaha1234 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2015
    Netherlands
    can I use my original R4 card (not the 3DS or DSi version) and which methode.

16. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Just forget about rxTools if you want to be able to boot DS and DSiWare from emunand.
    rxTools has a lot of issues with this and I don't think they'll be fixed anytime soon.

I recommend using ReiNAND MOD made by Aurora Wright for this kind of thing.
    I was also struggling to get rxTools working, some said use the Oct. 2nd version, some said to wait, etc etc.

Reinand is just easy to setup, no fancy things, just get the latest firmware.bin from Aurora Wright in that iso site and you're good to go!

I currently have my N3DS emunand running DSiWare and DS flashcard from emunand without problems. :)

17. Mininova

Mininova Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2016
    Gambia, The
    This would be Great, but i tried everything and not worked :/ Tried the new Kernel 1.86b and Bluecardfix.cia but nothing worked. Will buy now a cheap ACE3DS ^^

18. TDotFlame

TDotFlame GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    Canada
    would this work for a ttds?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

so I guess the original R4 and original TTDS won't work?

19. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Any card that never worked on your 3ds, on an older firmware, will not work ever, fix or no fix

20. AtlasFontaine

AtlasFontaine GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 18, 2015
    Venezuela
    Venezuela-Zulia.
    I wanted to switch to Reinand, but there is not O3DS support :(