Hacking DS modding

myclock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
Im getting a DS Lite in working condition for a cheap price ($70 australian) and i plan to do some mods to it (physically wise). so what mods do you reckon i should do it it? and some tutorials please.

thanks.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You will find everything you need from acidmods.com (except parts
tongue.gif
, and skill)

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This is the nicest mod ever, I'd rather have this than my lite.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1707696

Thats awesome lol really like it! There was a nice mod someone here did where they switched out the red and green lights for dark blue and cool blue on a white ds lite, looked real nice compared to the standard ones.
I'll have a search for the pics and edit this post.

[-Edit-]

Theres a DS Lite disassembly guide sticky topic (top of forum) in the NDS - Hardware, Devices and Utilities forum by thieves_like_us which is excellent.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smear some nacho cheese inside so it smells really bad, get used to the smell and you have an (almost) fullproof theft prevention

myclock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
oh i also might give overclocking the DS ago if im game enough soon
tongue.gif
plan to get everything in the next three weeks before the school holidays so i got something else to keep me occupied this holidays
yaynds.gif

woah only 70 bucks where did ya get steal like that?

ahaha some guy at school is selling to me for $70 with 3 games (spyro, brain training, and the incredibles) no wonder why
tongue.gif
. which im gna sell those games anyway. so yeah i would say i can get those three games for at least $20 for trading them in so really $50 for a NDS lite
yaynds.gif

Theres a DS Lite disassembly guide sticky topic (top of forum) in the NDS - Hardware, Devices and Utilities forum by thieves_like_us which is excellent.

yeah i plan to use that, and probably get the clear Shock! case.

Change the LED lights, paint it, add some LEDs under the buttons, ect

yep was thinking of that too. gave me the idea after going to acidmods.com . although i want to know how to get some sound sensitive LEDs going. How would i go about painting the DS. what type of paint do i need etc.

QUOTE(notnarb @ Sep 9 2007, 10:01 AM)
smear some nacho cheese inside so it smells really bad, get used to the smell and you have an (almost) fullproof theft prevention

ahahaha. NO i will have 2 DS lites so it wouldnt matter
smile.gif

myclock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
You might get Krylon paint spray paint, and do it with stencils

thanks for that. ill try look around for this and a nice pic to spray on
tongue.gif
im not good at drawing at all!
frown.gif

now im thinking.. would spray painting the clear case look any good? what colour do you guys suggest to go with the clear Shock! case?

im also finding it hard to find the kyron paint. can anyone please assist me with a link. thanks

myclock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
is there any other types of spray paint that i could use on the DS? as im still finding it hard to find Krylon spray paint(the ones i've found dont ship to australia
frown.gif
)

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe the sound sensitive LED may need an audio chip of some kind.

EDIT: As for the paint, go to Bunnings and ask for some paint which doesn't chip on plastic.

myclock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
I believe the sound sensitive LED may need an audio chip of some kind.

EDIT: As for the paint, go to Bunnings and ask for some paint which doesn't chip on plastic.

yeah i just realised
frown.gif
i probably will end up putting some LEDs in it but still undecided as to which specific LED mod im going to do. ill try bunnings sometime on the holidays and see what i can get
smile.gif

hopefully i can get the audio chip so then it would be cooler
yaynds.gif

DSGRIM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will find everything you need from acidmods.com (except parts
tongue.gif
, and skill)
Acid Mods has like 6 DS mods to speak of, (4 are just LED variations). Like 3 of them know how to solder and the rest cant do anything but give dumb wrong false information. I suggest you stay away from AM. Everyone asks how to do something that has been put into a tut, people making tuts on how to do stuff that will mess up your case but people think its genius and worst of all the only guy that seems to know a little bit of anything important acts like he is 10 years old. Worst of all they are taking credit for things other people have done.

If you want nice mods, come up with stuff on your own, learn the pinouts and do everything for your self.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo