Homebrew DS microphone homebrew

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marlonguppy said:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/walkietalkie...lease_id=287655 is getting close to it, only it is DS DS not DS PC
Also, I don't think the DS memory is able to do sound and desktop screenshots at the same time (like Win2DS, there is also no sound).

I only want to use it as a microphone. The screen can be black and no sound from the speakers for all I care. :/

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
I make DS homebrew. This would take alot of effort though. I could make an app that lets you record from the DS mic, then save it in a DSMicRecordings folder or something, and then have a send to PC button. But live streaming would be too hard and not worth it. From the links that have been posted, and the comments, it seems like some apps can do this already so thier wouldn't be much point in making another one.

Saiph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I understand the OP correctly, he is wanting homebrew software that is able to capture the audio from the DS's microphone and send it wirelessly to a PC, as well as corresponding PC software that would be able to receive that audio and use that data as an emulated input source for Ventrilo.

That's not likely going to happen. A simpler approach would be to transmit via the headphone jack. Basically one would need to make a homebrew program that just immediately broadcasts back everything captured by the microphone, and then use a male-to-male 3.5mm jack audio cable to connect the DS's headphone port to the computer's input audio port.

But that would require extra hardware (the cable). Since cheap mics do not cost much more than such a cable, I cannot imagine anyone bothering to put work into creating the latter solution.

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
now that you mention such cable,
it is possible to do it that way, but indeed, that wouldn't be much easier than just buying a microphone.
i have one of those cables, and in theory it would work like this:

audio recording homebrew on ds, that plays the recorded audio immediately
the audio goes through the cable, into the microphone plug on the pc
recording software (audacity and such) pick up the 'microphone'

but, that wouldn't help for live-streaming.
if live-streaming sites have options to read from the microphone port it would work, and im sure its possible with flash plugins on such sites

if you have such cable, you will have to make such homebrew yourself, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm