ds lite wont power up

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by murdo132, Jul 29, 2008.

1. murdo132
    OP

murdo132 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    i have just changed the top screen on my sons ds lite, as it got cracked. I changed it no probs, however now when i switch it on, it powers up, but turns straight back off again.

Could i have done something wrong.

Any help would great. Thanks.

Ade

2. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My friend had this problem, and he could only play it when the charger was plugged in. It somehow fixed itself, so I can't really help. Maybe something got disconnected inside. I never opened my DS, so I have no clue what's inside.

3. barcode1999

barcode1999 Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2008
    England
  4. hankchill

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    If the light comes on and then shuts right off, it's usually because the screen ribbon cable is not plugged in far enough -- You may have 1 end slightly off inside the connector. It is a pain, but it does have to be pushed in fairly far. Try checking that first.

5. rc11982

rc11982 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2008
    United States
    Yup I did the same thing you did, and the cable was not inserted all the way. Just open it back up and what I did was put it in all the way down and the lock, locked it self and it work just like before.

Good luck

6. zektor

zektor GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 29, 2005
    United States
    Or it could also be a blown fuse. Are you still in warranty?

7. rc11982

rc11982 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2008
    United States
    He lost his warranty when he opened it. More than likely it is just the cable.