Gaming DS Lite vs DSi XL screen quality

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I heard that all DSi XLs come with IPS panels which piqued my interest however before I buy one I wonder about something. I prefer a DS Lite over my new 3DS for DS games because playing on a DS Lite the games have a sharp and crisp pixel-grid which make DS games look amazing, especially ones that heavily rely on pixel-art like Kirby Superstar Ultra. Do DS games look similarly sharp and crisp with a pixel-grid on a DSi XL or is the grid effect lost? And how does the screen-size come into this, does anything look blown up?

ronnbot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All DS systems have the same resolution. DSi however has the best screen, IMHO - IPS, bigger, brighter

Chrono Trigger, one of my all time fav, looks great on a DSi XL:

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. :)
Personally, I definitely prefer the graphics of my good old DS Lite pink; the image is more compact, defined, clearer and brighter than the SDi XL.

1616415832771.jpg

But if what you are most interested in is the effect you define as pixel-grid, it is clearly visible also in the second one, moreover it is increased and enlarged and more remarkable; and so the graphics are rough, coarser and more angular. :(

1616415857139.jpg

If you already have a 3DS I don't see, in my opinion, the need to have a console with a similar screen. :unsure:

P.S. Excuse my ignorance, but what would an 'anime signature' be?

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow I totally forgot about this topic and somehow missed the replies too, so sorry about that 😓

Thanks for the replies nontheless, I ended up getting a DSi LL and while the screens are quite lovely it's a bit too big for my taste due to being an LL, duh :P

I found this topic while googling about DS Lite vs DSi non-XL screens :P

Hi. :)
Personally, I definitely prefer the graphics of my good old DS Lite pink; the image is more compact, defined, clearer and brighter than the SDi XL.

View attachment 253426

But if what you are most interested in is the effect you define as pixel-grid, it is clearly visible also in the second one, moreover it is increased and enlarged and more remarkable; and so the graphics are rough, coarser and more angular. :(

View attachment 253427
If you already have a 3DS I don't see, in my opinion, the need to have a console with a similar screen. :unsure:

P.S. Excuse my ignorance, but what would an 'anime signature' be?

An Anime Signature is just a tailor-made anime image under each of your posts :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.