Gaming DS Lite vs DSi XL screen quality

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I heard that all DSi XLs come with IPS panels which piqued my interest however before I buy one I wonder about something. I prefer a DS Lite over my new 3DS for DS games because playing on a DS Lite the games have a sharp and crisp pixel-grid which make DS games look amazing, especially ones that heavily rely on pixel-art like Kirby Superstar Ultra. Do DS games look similarly sharp and crisp with a pixel-grid on a DSi XL or is the grid effect lost? And how does the screen-size come into this, does anything look blown up?

ronnbot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All DS systems have the same resolution. DSi however has the best screen, IMHO - IPS, bigger, brighter

Chrono Trigger, one of my all time fav, looks great on a DSi XL:

Nikokaro

An aphorism a day to improve...my profile
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. :)
Personally, I definitely prefer the graphics of my good old DS Lite pink; the image is more compact, defined, clearer and brighter than the SDi XL.

1616415832771.jpg

But if what you are most interested in is the effect you define as pixel-grid, it is clearly visible also in the second one, moreover it is increased and enlarged and more remarkable; and so the graphics are rough, coarser and more angular. :(

1616415857139.jpg

If you already have a 3DS I don't see, in my opinion, the need to have a console with a similar screen. :unsure:

P.S. Excuse my ignorance, but what would an 'anime signature' be?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SG854 @ SG854: The comedians are going to have a field day with this