Hacking DS lite topscreen problem

primmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help with a problem I currently have.

I bought a second hand DS lite recently for a spare and the right hinge is broken.

This isn't the problem though, as I'm ready to get a replacement case for it.

The problem is the top screen; it DOES work almost fine (shows images, loads up properly) but there's a small problem. The problem is, it occasionally displays one or more reddish lines/tints. However, if I fiddle around with the loose top screen, specifically around the ribbon cable area, the redness can disappear/change position.

I'm assuming that this is a problem with the ribbon cable. Does this mean I have to get a new top screen too? Or is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

primmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply Kittymat.

sland said:
I know a guy that sells screens with the speakers already soldered on.

I'm interested to know more. Do you know how much he charges and if he'll ship to the UK?

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Delivery to the UK - in fact anywhere is free www.dealextreme.com (takes a couple of weeks tho)

The poor £ $ rate is the only downside, although the prices are still very cheap for £12 or so you should get the new screen. The speakers are soldered to the ribbon cable, just look at the wires before you take them off they are opposite from one speaker to the next. You will also need a tri wing screwdriver to take the bottom of the DS apart - the top is a small cross head screwdriver.

Rock Howard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Um... I have the same problem, but things are a little strange. Red stuff appears only when I press L. It also disappears when I hold the left shift down or when I press it in some way. Is this a problem with a cable, or I just have to clean L button form the inside?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.