Ds lite top screen brightness problem!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by joybeba6679, Jul 8, 2010.

1. joybeba6679
    OP

joybeba6679 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Hi to all, I have a black Ds lite that broke a hinge long ago and the top screen was starting to die, so I bought a replacement top screen for it, well today it arrived and I installed it. Everything looks good but I noticed the lower screen is brighter than the replacement top one I just installed. Any one knows if its a defective screen or maybe I didnt plugged the ribbon all the way in the connector? Thanks in advance!

2. MF Tlaxcala

MF Tlaxcala GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2010
    Netherlands
    Netherlands, Eindhoven
    I think the top screen you bought wasn't from Nintendo. isn't? If that`s the case, then that can maybe the reason that it is a brighter screen.. [​IMG]

3. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    My brother has a DSlite with the same problem. He bought it used at Gamestop and the top screen is dimmer than the bottom screen. Not by a lot, but it is noticeable.

Isn't there supposed to be some potentiometers on the DS circuit board that could be adjusted to fix that? I don't remember anymore.

(Heh, do you believe that I actually spelled "potentiometers" correctly without using a spell check? Damn! I'm good! LOL!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice