Hacking DS Lite Sleep Seizures! WTFHELP! (please =P)

drivingsnow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, so here's the deal.

I just recently received my first DS Lite in the mail. The DS was supposed to have been in "new" condition when I purchased it from ebay. The seller supposedly unboxes the consoles and packages them in their own to avoid customs issues (they ship from HK).

Anyways, so my DS looks like its brand new... protective film still on the casing and screens, no scratches etc etc.

I ordered an Acekard 2i for it, and I had it all ready to go before I even got the DS outta the box.

Crazy thing is... my supposed "new" DS came with a R4 clone card in it!
http://www.r4-pro.com/index.html

Now onto the important part.

The DS works fine, but for some reason I cant get my sleep function to work properly, and I'm wondering if its the DS its self that is the problem.

The sleep function works fine in the reggo nintendo dashboard (the pictochat / system settings screen), and it also works fine on the AKAIO and official AK firmware screens, not to mention the crappy R4 clone.

Once I get into a game though - things go all haywire. On either flashcart the system tries to sleep its self and then immediately wakes its self back up.

I can hear the speakers pop and see the screens flashing on the inside, and I never get the "snoozing" LED like I should.

If anyone has any idea what could be causing this problem I'd really appreciate the input. I don't want my brand "new" DS to be all jacked up.
wacko.gif

EDIT: I also notice some humming noise in my headphones when its plugged into the charger, from other gadgets I've owned though this seems pretty normal... just poor shielding in a slim device.. anyone else have that problem?

newgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well from what i think maybe the problem is the DS itself. why don't you try to test your DS on a real commercial kart if u have to see if your problem still persist. and try to contact ebay about what you are experiencing right now. i am pretty sure that it has warranty because its brand new as u say so try it out bro.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens because two of the pins in the DS slot need to be connected for sleep mode to work in commercial games. However, I'm not entirely sure why your Acekard isn't connecting those two pins correctly. All modern slot-1 devices should not have this problem.

As newgamer said, try it with an official game cartridge and see if it still happens. If it does, then the DS's slot-1 slot is at fault. If it doesn't, then your Acekard is screwing up somewhere along the line.

drivingsnow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick replies, I'll do a test as soon as I can and report my findings back. I think I'm gonna call nintendo support just for kicks.. to see if there's any kinda warranty left on this thing.. (doubt it =( )

EDIT: After looking into Slot - 1 I can clearly see that one of the pins is bent to the side... Now I just gotta decide if its worth returning or if I should try n' find a way to bend it back into shape. Grrr... I'm a little impatient to wait for a return.. so I think I'm on to the teardown guide...

drivingsnow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THE PLOT THICKENS!

Ok so after discovering my bent pin I contacted Nintendo to see if there was any warranty left on the device...

Sure enough the serial number on the unit is a fugazi (fake).

I contacted the ebay seller to let him know he's selling items WAY beyond the description of "new"... we'll see how it turns out...

In the meantime.. I fixed the problem
cool.gif
I took a tiny flathead and bent the pin up a bit and now sleep functions fine... But I'm still worried about the pin, its not sitting in there the way it should and after multiple ejects of the slot 1 I think it may become damaged again.

Anyway, thanks again for all your help guys, I really appreciate it. I think we can pretty much consider this case closed.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drivingsnow said:
Ok guys, so here's the deal.

I just recently received my first DS Lite in the mail. The DS was supposed to have been in "new" condition when I purchased it from ebay. The seller supposedly unboxes the consoles and packages them in their own to avoid customs issues (they ship from HK).

Anyways, so my DS looks like its brand new... protective film still on the casing and screens, no scratches etc etc.

I ordered an Acekard 2i for it, and I had it all ready to go before I even got the DS outta the box.

Crazy thing is... my supposed "new" DS came with a R4 clone card in it!
http://www.r4-pro.com/index.html

Now onto the important part.

The DS works fine, but for some reason I cant get my sleep function to work properly, and I'm wondering if its the DS its self that is the problem.

The sleep function works fine in the reggo nintendo dashboard (the pictochat / system settings screen), and it also works fine on the AKAIO and official AK firmware screens, not to mention the crappy R4 clone.

Once I get into a game though - things go all haywire. On either flashcart the system tries to sleep its self and then immediately wakes its self back up.

I can hear the speakers pop and see the screens flashing on the inside, and I never get the "snoozing" LED like I should.

If anyone has any idea what could be causing this problem I'd really appreciate the input. I don't want my brand "new" DS to be all jacked up.
wacko.gif

EDIT: I also notice some humming noise in my headphones when its plugged into the charger, from other gadgets I've owned though this seems pretty normal... just poor shielding in a slim device.. anyone else have that problem?

I have a DSi and I had Acekard 2i and Now EZflash vi and I had that with both flashcarts... I even had that with my original copy of Final Fantasy III... it's a compatibility issue most likely....

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
drivingsnow said:
In the meantime.. I fixed the problem
cool.gif
I took a tiny flathead and bent the pin up a bit and now sleep functions fine... But I'm still worried about the pin, its not sitting in there the way it should and after multiple ejects of the slot 1 I think it may become damaged again.
If you are still interested, you can pick up a replacement slot off dealextreme for about $3. However, installing it does require some soldering.
Hope this helps!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021