Ds Lite Only plays games in auto mode

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by RockyusRigbyus, Aug 31, 2018.

1. RockyusRigbyus
    OP

RockyusRigbyus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    United States
    I recently bought a Ds Lite from Ebay, It works perfectly fine except that it only plays games in auto mode. I've looked around on google and haven't found a fix or even a reason for this. So now i'm here asking for help, It would be nice if I could fix this but its not necessary.

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    If you boot the console without a game in it, it should start the firmware menu with the clock/calendar. Tap the little DS icon at the bottom middle of the touch screen and click the wrench, then the arrow pointing to the rectangle/door to check the Start-up settings: is it set to manual or auto? If it's set to auto, try setting it to manual, then hit confirm, then push B until it asks to shut the console down to save the settings.

Coto likes this.
  3. RockyusRigbyus
    OP

RockyusRigbyus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    United States
    Holy Crap It worked! The Reason It wouldn't appear was because I was putting the game in while in firmware mode and it wouldn't appear then. I'm officially an idiot:rofl:Thanks for the help!

daxtsu likes this.
  4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    No problem.