XAlexBlitz209X

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I've had my Dstwo for like about 2 months.I Stopped playing it for 2 weeks.I then tried to play it again and now my DS Lite won't read it.I tried re-formatting my sd card,I tried 2 different brands.Could it be a contact issue?Thanks for the help

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Formatting your SD will do absolutely nothing if you can't even see the cart. Try holding it in with your finger halfway to what you would if you tried to make it click and see if it registers. That is the problem mine had when I bought it.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like a contact issue
QUOTE(beginner's guide) said:
First of all, the obvious thing would be to clean it off the contacts on both the MicroSD Card and on the DSTwo.

To get the MicroSD card better connected to the DSTwo, try to push the MicroSD card from an angle, outward at the top pushing inward at the bottom. This should make the contacts align up straighter. (see the picture)
DSTWO%20how%20to%20insert%20sd%20card%20-%20single%20pic.jpg

To get the DSTwo to connect to your DS better, make sure that you press the DSTwo all the way down as far as it will go, as if you just lightly press it in it will not get full contact.

Edit: i really do need to get a list together for explaining where the contacts aren't connecting by the different errors (or not showing up in the ds menu) you get

also my picture sucks

XAlexBlitz209X

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've Tried The Paper Trick And It Works Half The Time.I've Read Around GBATemp And It Seems That This Is Normal For Some People With Supercard Dstwo's Too.Something Else I Noticed Is That If I Try To Play My Supercard Dstwo The Next Day It Works For A Minimal Time And Randomly Freezes.So I'm Wondering If It's A Contact Issue...Someone Please Help
mellow.gif

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XAlexBlitz209X said:
I've Tried The Paper Trick And It Works Half The Time.I've Read Around GBATemp And It Seems That This Is Normal For Some People With Supercard Dstwo's Too.Something Else I Noticed Is That If I Try To Play My Supercard Dstwo The Next Day It Works For A Minimal Time And Randomly Freezes.So I'm Wondering If It's A Contact Issue...Someone Please Help
mellow.gif
For the freeze problem, try the paper trick, but with the micro sd slot of the DSTWO.
My friend had a problem with his DSTTI where he couldnt boot it 3.9 quarters of the time,
so I just paper tricked the micro sd slot. Maybe the micro sd is losing contact. Also
maybe your trying really new games and AP is freezing it up (but that shouldnt be a problem really with DSTWO).

XAlexBlitz209X

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I Tried It With My Dsi Now And Still Nothing ...I Tried The Paper Trick No Avail.Has Anyone Had This Problem With A Dstwo I'm Getting Really Worried Now
wacko.gif

Sressiv

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XAlexBlitz209X said:
I Tried It With My Dsi Now And Still Nothing ...I Tried The Paper Trick No Avail.Has Anyone Had This Problem With A Dstwo I'm Getting Really Worried Now
wacko.gif
Maybe, you should try to replace the casing of the SCDS2. Maybe with a R4DS one, or a Acekard one, one that fits... I don´t know if its possible to set a SCDS2 PCB in an other case, but you could try it. Remember to put it in a case, that has those plastic separators to align the contacts better, just like this:

SCDS1BackCartSmall.png
supercard-dstwo-cartridge-back.jpg

See this first one has all the teeth and see, the last one has just some teeth. maybe it helps??

XAlexBlitz209X

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
McFlurry said:
XAlexBlitz209X said:
wacko.gif
Maybe, you should try to replace the casing of the SCDS2. Maybe with a R4DS one, or a Acekard one, one that fits... I don´t know if its possible to set a SCDS2 PCB in an other case, but you could try it. Remember to put it in a case, that has those plastic separators to align the contacts better, just like this:

SCDS1BackCartSmall.png
supercard-dstwo-cartridge-back.jpg

See this first one has all the teeth and see, the last one has just some teeth. maybe it helps??

Yeah I Found Out Why My Supercard Doesn't Work Anymore It Turns Out That My Normal Ds Had Something Sticking Out Inside The Slot-1 Reading Thing.It Basically Clawed At My Supercards Teeth I Guess You Could Say And Made It Unplayable Im Going To End Up Buying Another One.Thanks For The Help.
closedeyes.gif

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it should still read. My ds had that same issue and my R4 has scratch marks on the contacts. It still works fine though. (I swear I did not upgrade to SCDS2 because of those scratch marks)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: http://temu.com/ul/kuiper/un9.html?subj=goods-un&_bg_fs=1&_p_jump_id=894&_x_vst_scene=adg&goods_i...