DS Lite Not Reading SuperCard

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by XAlexBlitz209X, Aug 7, 2011.

Aug 7, 2011
  1. XAlexBlitz209X
    OP

Member XAlexBlitz209X GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I've had my Dstwo for like about 2 months.I Stopped playing it for 2 weeks.I then tried to play it again and now my DS Lite won't read it.I tried re-formatting my sd card,I tried 2 different brands.Could it be a contact issue?Thanks for the help

2. Zerosuit connor

Member Zerosuit connor Baby I'm Back ♥

Australia
    Blow into the ds cart slot & onto thew contacvts of the card try card again.
    Try the paper trick search the temp (cbf to find a link)

3. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Formatting your SD will do absolutely nothing if you can't even see the cart. Try holding it in with your finger halfway to what you would if you tried to make it click and see if it registers. That is the problem mine had when I bought it.

4. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    sounds like a contact issue
    Edit: i really do need to get a list together for explaining where the contacts aren't connecting by the different errors (or not showing up in the ds menu) you get

also my picture sucks

5. XAlexBlitz209X
    OP

United States
    I've Tried The Paper Trick And It Works Half The Time.I've Read Around GBATemp And It Seems That This Is Normal For Some People With Supercard Dstwo's Too.Something Else I Noticed Is That If I Try To Play My Supercard Dstwo The Next Day It Works For A Minimal Time And Randomly Freezes.So I'm Wondering If It's A Contact Issue...Someone Please Help [​IMG]

6. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    For the freeze problem, try the paper trick, but with the micro sd slot of the DSTWO.
    My friend had a problem with his DSTTI where he couldnt boot it 3.9 quarters of the time,
    so I just paper tricked the micro sd slot. Maybe the micro sd is losing contact. Also
    maybe your trying really new games and AP is freezing it up (but that shouldnt be a problem really with DSTWO).

7. XAlexBlitz209X
    OP

United States
    I Tried It With My Dsi Now And Still Nothing ...I Tried The Paper Trick No Avail.Has Anyone Had This Problem With A Dstwo I'm Getting Really Worried Now [​IMG]

8. McFlurry

Member McFlurry GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Maybe, you should try to replace the casing of the SCDS2. Maybe with a R4DS one, or a Acekard one, one that fits... I don´t know if its possible to set a SCDS2 PCB in an other case, but you could try it. Remember to put it in a case, that has those plastic separators to align the contacts better, just like this:

[​IMG][​IMG]

See this first one has all the teeth and see, the last one has just some teeth. maybe it helps??

9. XAlexBlitz209X
    OP

United States
    Yeah I Found Out Why My Supercard Doesn't Work Anymore It Turns Out That My Normal Ds Had Something Sticking Out Inside The Slot-1 Reading Thing.It Basically Clawed At My Supercards Teeth I Guess You Could Say And Made It Unplayable Im Going To End Up Buying Another One.Thanks For The Help. [​IMG]

10. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    that's interesting, was there visible wear on the contacts of the DStwo? could u take a picture?

11. someonewhodied

Member someonewhodied Lazy Person

United States
    it should still read. My ds had that same issue and my R4 has scratch marks on the contacts. It still works fine though. (I swear I did not upgrade to SCDS2 because of those scratch marks)