Hacking DS Lite not reading cartridge

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this leads me to believe I have a contact issue. None are bent. But on the AK2i I can kind of see little marks on the cartridge contacts and a few of them look a little less worn than the others. Is it possible a DS contact is bent only slightly? Will buying a new slot-1 fix this issue? From what I've seen ( only very little) you keep the same contacts just the slot gets swapped out.

I've cleaned the contacts on the ds lite and the ak2i with 91% alcohol ( and I let it dry for a while before sticking it in, I know better). Still had issues. If I blow in the slot and reinsert the cartridge multiple times it works occasionally. Sometimes I blow very hard and it still takes about 10 tries to get it to boot.

My R4 works much more easily than the AK2i. So is this a cartridge problem or a ds problem? Possibly a mix of both? My R4 works great in my phat ds. I've had it many years, its actually one of the original white ones, there were still updates when i bought it. and the new wood firmware works great, makes me regret buying the ak2i.

Even when the DS lite does work, I normally do not remove the cart very often, it will not work on the next attempt to use it.

let me know what you think, any ideas are welcome and helpful. i can take the ds lite apart but im trying to not have to.

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VashTS said:
Sometimes I blow very hard and it still takes about 10 tries

Sorry
rolleyes.gif

But yeah, my old DSL used to do it for every game... I just blamed oldness, but...

D

Deleted_171835

Acekard2i isn't the most durable flashcart.
I had a problem similar to this. Had to purchase a new one.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah iv got the same sort of problem with my dsi xl. my ak2i works on my ds lite and dsi, but the danny phantom logo comes on then a second later it says insert game card on my dsi xl. acekard are not the best made but they seem to be gettin better i just hope theres no spring on the next one i order
tongue.gif

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah the paper trick has had some success, both ways, under the pcb at the contacts and just behind the cartridge when inserted. it still has some issues, but i guess this is as good as it gets. everyone always said r4 sucks ak is wayyyy better. but it really isn't ...firmware wise, yes but build quality helll no.

my original r4 is still going strong and now with wood firmware, its only missing sdhc support, which sucks but hey no problems = my favorite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup