DS Lite Hinge or just a Case Replacement?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Hakoda, Feb 20, 2009.

Feb 20, 2009
  1. Hakoda
    OP

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I have a DS Lite with a broken hinge, up until now I thought that the reason that the DS Lite couldn't hold up the screen was because the outer casing cracked. The small plastic piece that covered part of the DS hinge completely snapped off. At first, there was only a small crack at the edge of the plastic covering over the hinge mechanism, until my Dad was taking a look at the hinge and completely broke off the plastic covering the hinge.

It has now come to my attention that it is possible that it is the hinge mechanism and not the casing (although it is cracked). How will I be able to know if I need to buy a hinge replacement?

PS. If I were to hold my DS Lite upside down and by only the bottom, the top screen would fling right open and freely swing around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Casing

Hinges rarely fail (very rare compared to the casing) replace the case and all will be as normal

3. Hakoda
    OP

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Wow. Thanks a bunch. I feel relieved to here that. if anyone can confirm this, that would be awesome. Thanks a bunch kittymat!!!
    woot, looks like i'm getting a Cobalt Blue DS Lite!