ds lite broken hinge temporary fix

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by jamespoo, Feb 4, 2017.

1. jamespoo
    OP

jamespoo GBAtemp Fan

Mar 4, 2011
    New Zealand
    Auckland
    is there a way without replacing the case temporary fix the hinge or a way to keep it from breaking anymore then it already is

2. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    Yeah don't open it back up and it won't get worse :P

I'd go with just buying new case. You could use tape, or glue, but those options come with their own problems.

3. justin-dabath

justin-dabath Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2016
    Just sit it in one of these "hard cases" www.ebay.com/itm/390924796140

It'll keep the console together incase the hinge gets worse and at the same time solves the problem, you could even glue the hard case into the position you want the screen - then sit your console into it - meaning you're not putting glue on to your actual console. win win i'd say :-)

4. ieatducks4655

ieatducks4655 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2017
    New Zealand
    Hastings,New Zealand
    there's a site called wish that are selling some clear hard shells for the ds lite they're not that expensive but usually with wish you're paying a bit for shipping which is annoying but usually it doesn't cost too much with shipping anyway

5. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    My dad super glued to patches on top of my DS lite and while it was still tacky, opened up the lid and made indents into the glue. When the glue hardened, I had a DS that opened to the correct angle of I played in a way the kept the lid held down with gravity.