Hacking DS Iplayer Compatible with Evolution?

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cornaljoe said:
Uncle FEFL said:
Normmatt said:
The build of EOS i have doesnt run on my iplayer.
Where did you get the EOS from?

It's available to some beta testing members on the Supercard forum. It was leaked so you can find it if you search for it.
Damn the person that leaked it. I thought someone gave it to PharaohsVizier secretly. Hopefully the team doesn't find out/get too angry.

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
cornaljoe said:
Uncle FEFL said:
Normmatt said:
The build of EOS i have doesnt run on my iplayer.
Where did you get the EOS from?

It's available to some beta testing members on the Supercard forum. It was leaked so you can find it if you search for it.
Damn the person that leaked it. I thought someone gave it to PharaohsVizier secretly. Hopefully the team doesn't find out/get too angry.

I'm sure PV and Norm got their copies legit. They both are involved in the scene than most other people around here.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hopefully the team doesn't find out/get too angry.

What the fuck man? Closed betas, at least in cases like this, are absolutely stupid anyway (duh, dumbshits, the more people use it the bigger the chances are to find bugs) but to actually fear they will get angry? What would they do? Stop selling their cart?

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cornaljoe said:
I'm sure PV and Norm got their copies legit. They both are involved in the scene than most other people around here.I saw the released list of who got it. Neither of them were on it. Only members of the forum were aloud to have it as far as I know.

EDIT: I'm not saying either of them are wrong in having it. In fact, out of most people on this site, I'd rather have them have it and mess around with it, since they're more knowledgeable.

QUOTE(sfg @ Jan 19 2010, 05:23 PM) What the fuck man? Closed betas, at least in cases like this, are absolutely stupid anyway (duh, dumbshits, the more people use it the bigger the chances are to find bugs) but to actually fear they will get angry? What would they do? Stop selling their cart?
The ones they selected are capable enough, actually. Additionally, they asked the members to never leak it. They didn't threaten anyone, they just asked the members not to leak it. Have you read the actual topic on the site? Before you call anyone a dumbshit, make sure you educate yourself as well.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Its good to note that Normmatt has many contacts with many flashcart teams (yes. Including Team Supercard). I assume he got this legitly.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
sfg said:
QUOTE said:
Hopefully the team doesn't find out/get too angry.

What the fuck man? Closed betas, at least in cases like this, are absolutely stupid anyway (duh, dumbshits, the more people use it the bigger the chances are to find bugs) but to actually fear they will get angry? What would they do? Stop selling their cart?

Closed betas at beginin is the asy way to bring a better stable version of any program (I know it because I'm a developer in a finance company). The recomended way is allways Closed beta(s) -> open beta(s) -> First release (Even any MMO oveys this flow).

If you throw your program to open beta from the begining you risk to get very bad opinions from it, and even the testers (if not payed like this case) may never participate activelly in the test ( that's why Microsoft blame the poor adoption of Vista)

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
Its good to note that Normmatt has many contacts with many flashcart teams (yes. Including Team Supercard). I assume he got this legitly.

Also being that they used code from AKAIO, I'm sure they wouldn't neglect to give him a copy of the beta if he asked. PharaohsVizier has his own review site so they wouldn't turn him down either. His reviews can bring in more customers for them.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK I'm getting a little confused.

We KNOW that the DSTwo is suppose to be a mash-up of a DSOne + iPlayer cart
We Know the following details about it
QUOTE said:
1. Real-time functionality: Instant Archive (enhanced), RealTime Game (txt, bmp, jpg) and real-time cheat. (More stable, easier to use,Goldfinger is compatible with R4 andTT)
2. Multiple archive (up to 4), easy to backup and restore archive.
4. Support unlimited MicroSD memory card. Support for SDHC. FAT or FAT32.
5. Multiple languages (English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Spanish)
6. Built-in GBA / SNES emulator.
7. Slow-motion action (4).
8. Document management system (copy, paste, cut and removed,to support long filenames).
9. E-book (BMP, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, GIF, TXT, PDF format).

dsi hosts can also use (which can be in the DSi console to run GBA games),is compatible with iPlayer

I'll add, it is now able to confirm the function of the DSTWO
I've seen videos on Youtube about the new EOS & how it lokks/runs but.......

At no time have I seen anything mentioned about the DSTwo being able to play Videos/Music (like the iPlayer can) - All I've seen are details about Gameplaying / Emulation....

Does ANYONE know if the DSTwo will play music/videos ??
Will the EOS actually act similar to Moonshell (where it shows all different files type - not just nds) & by selecting a MP3 or AVi & it will play in a media player ???

I was considering getting this - but if it doesn't play videos/Mp3 then I'll stick with my AK2i + AKAIO + Moonshell 2.06 setup

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
OK I'm getting a little confused.

We KNOW that the DSTwo is suppose to be a mash-up of a DSOne + iPlayer cart
We Know the following details about it
QUOTE said:
1. Real-time functionality: Instant Archive (enhanced), RealTime Game (txt, bmp, jpg) and real-time cheat. (More stable, easier to use,Goldfinger is compatible with R4 andTT)
2. Multiple archive (up to 4), easy to backup and restore archive.
4. Support unlimited MicroSD memory card. Support for SDHC. FAT or FAT32.
5. Multiple languages (English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Spanish)
6. Built-in GBA / SNES emulator.
7. Slow-motion action (4).
8. Document management system (copy, paste, cut and removed,to support long filenames).
9. E-book (BMP, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, GIF, TXT, PDF format).

dsi hosts can also use (which can be in the DSi console to run GBA games),is compatible with iPlayer

I'll add, it is now able to confirm the function of the DSTWO
I've seen videos on Youtube about the new EOS & how it lokks/runs but.......

At no time have I seen anything mentioned about the DSTwo being able to play Videos/Music (like the iPlayer can) - All I've seen are details about Gameplaying / Emulation....

Does ANYONE know if the DSTwo will play music/videos ??
Will the EOS actually act similar to Moonshell (where it shows all different files type - not just nds) & by selecting a MP3 or AVi & it will play in a media player ???

I was considering getting this - but if it doesn't play videos/Mp3 then I'll stick with my AK2i + AKAIO + Moonshell 2.06 setup

Yeah, the DS2 will have the same features of the iPlayer. Those current features are mainly the EOS for the DS1. Seems they keeping the DS2 version under wraps while developing EOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...