OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guatemala
I've been trying for some days to use an internet browser in my DS. I've tried to use DSorganize (a friend told me that it had a browser) but it never worked, it said that the file was damaged so I downloaded it again but it didn't work either. I downloaded it from a different website and I had the same problem. I don't have a laptop and I would like to be able to check some e-mails and new stuff in some websites when I'm in hotels and places with wi-fi so it would be very usefull.

Thank you.
(by the way, I'm not a native English speaker. If someone could tell me if something is wrong with my writing, I would be glad to know)

I_Got_Wii'D

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I am actually having the same problem, So I will let you know if I find something to help us.

and as for you're english, I found nothing wrong with it (its actually better then most Americans, lol).

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mike_ said:
I've been trying for some days to use an internet browser in my DS. I've tried to use DSorganize (a friend told me that it had a browser) but it never worked, it said that the file was damaged so I downloaded it again but it didn't work either. I downloaded it from a different website and I had the same problem.

The reason it isn't working is because you didn't DLDI patch the .nds file for DSorganize and DSorganize doesn't work good to check your email or anything of such because its only a basic HTML web browser. If you want a good internet browser use Bunjalloo but it will require DLDI patching as well.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the ability to download roms,

Then just download the official Nintendo DS Browser rom.

There's a rom floating somewhere out there that was hacked to be used without the Slot2.

keeganator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Brian117 said:
If you have the ability to download roms,

There's a rom floating somewhere out there that was hacked to be used without the Slot2.

Actually the rom was patched so it didn't require the official addon, but a replacement like the M3/Supercard Slot-2 or the EZFlash 3-in-1.

Mike_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guatemala
QUOTE said:
and as for you're english, I found nothing wrong with it (its actually better then most Americans, lol).
Thank you, but it's your, not you're if you are refering to MY English XP.

QUOTE said:
The reason it isn't working is because you didn't DLDI patch the .nds file for DSorganize and DSorganize doesn't work good to check your email or anything of such because its only a basic HTML web browser. If you want a good internet browser use Bunjalloo but it will require DLDI patching as well.
I will try it, thank you n_n.

I will try it too, but could you please give me a link or something? I'm too lazy to search XP.

Oh and, do I need a Slot-2 flash cart to use that internet browser ROM?

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to use the official nintendo one you do because it needs the slot 2 for extra RAM. Ds organise will work without but the DS wifi is sooo slow I never bother with it. Your better with a phone that has wi-fi

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
your all forgetting that you need BOTH A SLOT 1 CARD & A SLOT 2 CARD to run the NINTENDO OPERA BROWSER!!!

Brian117 said:

I say PROVE IT OR IT NEVER HAPPENED! lol

It needs the SLOT 2 CARD's RAM to buffer the pages hence why IT WILL NOT work on SLOT 1 alone!

There's a hacked one so it will automatically use 3 IN 1 ram for the browser or other slot 2 card that has inbuilt ram (Not Rumble cards!) so you dont have to set it manually and that's all ... it just wouldn't work for SLOT 1 only!

as above try BUNJALOO or DS HOBO if DSorganise does not work
smile.gif

how are you connecting to the net !? wifi router/access point or NINTENDO USB WIFI adapter??

if its the latter NINTENDO USB adapter you will not get homebrew to connect with it you would have to hack it into a soft application wifi adapter
smile.gif

Pantho

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, but this whole

"Must have slot2 for ram" thing is abit of a joke ...

I mean, not knowing anything about , well anything DS i might add:

I must state that a 2gb flash memory stick can be used as RAM for a browser.

I've searched for this "hacked" rom and cannot find it, but i will add that its all possible in theory.

You would only need 50mb ram tops to run a web browser. Let's look at all the mobile phones that do it, how much ram do you think they use.

Not to mention the ancient PC's with 64mb ram lol.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pantho said:
I must state that a 2gb flash memory stick can be used as RAM for a browser.
Incorrect. The NAND flash memory used in memory cards cannot be randomly accessed, so it isn't Random Access Memory in any sense. It could be used to cache downloaded data like the hard disk cache on a PC based browser, but it is much too slow to replace RAM.

Pantho said:
You would only need 50mb ram tops to run a web browser. Let's look at all the mobile phones that do it, how much ram do you think they use.
AFAIK, pretty much every mobile phone is faster and has more RAM than the DS.

QUOTE(Pantho @ Dec 5 2008, 02:45 AM)
Not to mention the ancient PC's with 64mb ram lol.
The DS has 4MB of RAM.

Mike_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guatemala
I think I will buy a new laptop then XD. Having internet in a DS seems to be really hard and some say that it is slow. Why bother then? Thank you for your answers xP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...