DS Internet Browser

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by berry05, Oct 26, 2008.

Oct 26, 2008

DS Internet Browser by berry05 at 3:15 AM (1,653 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. berry05
    OP

Newcomer berry05 Member

United States
    is there a DS Internet Browser out there?

2. hksmrchan

Member hksmrchan GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. berry05
    OP

Newcomer berry05 Member

United States
    can you give me the link to it please [​IMG]

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I'm not gonna moderate your post because you're a fairly new member, but you are not supposed to write one-word posts. Please keep that in mind and don't do it again.

Any way, to answer the OP.....

Yes, there is a browser for the DS......a few of them them actually. Only one is "official", the Nintendo DS Browser made by Opera (DS release #0591). It REQUIRES that you have both a slot1 (for the browser ROM) and a slot2 card with memory for caching data. You must either buy the real version to get the slot2 memory pak or patch the ROM for whatever slot2 cart you have. It doesn't support Java or Flash or let you download any files though. You absolutely CAN NOT run it without some kind of slot2 card to compliment the ROM in slot1.

There are a couple homebrew browsers.....DSOrganise has one, for instance. The homebrew ones don't require any memory paks, but tend to not be as robust as the official browser as far as how well it displays the webpages, but may let you download files. They still don't support Java or Flash either. The DS just isn't really powerful enough for that.

5. berry05
    OP

Newcomer berry05 Member

United States
    ive noticed and ive tried DSHobro and Organizer and okiwi and there all not conecting to my linksys

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    You probably have "Wireless SSID Broadcast" disabled. That will effectively kill ALL homebrew from connecting to your router. I don't know why official DS stuff can connect fine with it off, but homebrew programmers have NEVER figured that issue out. Enable "Wireless SSID Broadcast" and I'd be willing to bet that your homebrew apps that connect to the net will suddenly start working.

I have a Linksys router too. That was the problem when I experimented with online homebrew.

7. klein

Member klein GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you want a fast DS browser but don't have the slot two thing then I suggest the bunjalloo ds browser. It does pages really wierd, and it can basically only show text and pictures, but I think it is the fastest one out of all of them.

8. kennypu

Member kennypu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    IMO, DSO, although its very unstable is a lot faster than bunjalloo. It takes a long time for simple pages to load in bunjalloo -.-.