Homebrew DS(i) NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

BwillF3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that if I install hiyaCFW using an SD card over 2GB then there will be an error, which can be worked around by replacing the system menu with TWilight Menu++, but if I do that, can I use other custom applications and if so, how?

GurenTonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to make Unlaunch boot the game cart right away when the system is turned on without pressing any buttons? When I try I just get a black screen instead of my flash card.

PokeNev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to make Unlaunch boot the game cart right away when the system is turned on without pressing any buttons? When I try I just get a black screen instead of my flash card.
Go to options, then go to on launch or start or something, say Gamecart

GurenTonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to options, then go to on launch or start or something, say Gamecart
Yeah, that's what I tried, but I still just get a black screen. The more I look at it though, the more it seems I just can't boot game carts through unlaunch at all. Maybe I have an out of date version?

Deinexim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am following the dsi.cfw.guide, and I'm stuck trying to install UnLaunch. When I pressed A on "fwTool.nds" like it told me, it just gave me a white screen. I downloaded all the right files, and I'm on 1.4.5J, if that's of any help. I don't know if I can turn it off and try again, or if that will brick my system. I've heard that the latest release of Unlaunch (the one I downloaded) could be unstable, but I don't know if that's really the case, since I haven't even gotten to the part of actually installing Unlaunch yet. I'm just trying to back up my NAND. Can anyone help me?

Deinexim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am following the dsi.cfw.guide, and I'm stuck trying to install UnLaunch. When I pressed A on "fwTool.nds" like it told me, it just gave me a white screen. I downloaded all the right files, and I'm on 1.4.5J, if that's of any help. I don't know if I can turn it off and try again, or if that will brick my system. I've heard that the latest release of Unlaunch (the one I downloaded) could be unstable, but I don't know if that's really the case, since I haven't even gotten to the part of actually installing Unlaunch yet. I'm just trying to back up my NAND. Can anyone help me?
Nevermind, I fixed it. It turns out that I opened '_fwTool.nds' instead of 'fwTool.nds' (without the underscore at the start).

ProtoReignz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello again,
I wanted to ask 2 questions. None of the versions for ultimate spiderman are working and I've tried all of them am I doing something wrong?
And the other thing is how do I get my genesis ROMs to work? I have mine in .md and can't find them anywhere in .gen is there a converter or anything?
Thank You!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again,
I wanted to ask 2 questions. None of the versions for ultimate spiderman are working and I've tried all of them am I doing something wrong?
Try holding L after pressing A/START to launch the game.
If that doesn't fix it, it's probably just isn't compatible.
And the other thing is how do I get my genesis ROMs to work? I have mine in .md and can't find them anywhere in .gen is there a converter or anything?
Thank You!
Rename to .gen

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone developed homebrew that uses local ds's connections (not internet)?

Thanks
Do you mean wireless connection like multi-card games? If so, I believe GBARunner2 can simulate the GBA link cable. I've also seen some older DS homebrew that can supposedly transfer data to another DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk