DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm going to get a flash card and I was wondering if the r4i Gold supports ds homebrew, and Romhacks? I'm mean like does run in a good enough Quality.

Sorry wrong section. (MODZ PLEASE MOVE)

Last edited by DeoNaught,
D

Deleted User

Hi I'm going to get a flash card and I was wondering if the r4i Gold supports ds homebrew, and Romhacks? I'm mean like does run in a good enough Quality.

Sorry wrong section. (MODZ PLEASE MOVE)
Just make a new thread, mods can't move individual posts and turn them into threads, it's not how XenForo works.
As for your question, the R4i does support homebrew and ROM hacks, I don't see why it wouldn't as they're normal *.NDS and *.SRL files like commercially released games are.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Darkterras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tested both launcher on my M3 Real V1. Launched perfectly into stock firmware, woodr4 and Sakura. The stage 2 launcher didnt work for me but now this is the solution.
And works (so far) perfectly with normal DS games as well as DSI enhanced games.
Great work you did there devs. You are just awesome!

Reactions: ahezard

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just make a new thread, mods can't move individual posts and turn them into threads, it's not how XenForo works.
As for your question, the R4i does support homebrew and ROM hacks, I don't see why it wouldn't as they're normal *.NDS and *.SRL files like commercially released games are.
Thank you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi I was wondering what was stoping us from loading ds roms
from the Sd-card, I wanted to know like if there are limitations, and if there are, what are?
You don't have to speak in laymans terms ill try to understand.
(this is not one of those that tell devs to hurry up, and what not.)

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi I was wondering what was stoping us from loading ds roms
from the Sd-card, I wanted to know like if there are limitations, and if there are, what are?
You don't have to speak in laymans terms ill try to understand.
(this is not one of those that tell devs to hurry up, and what not.)
right now is pretty much needing to remap Read/write functions to SD from Slot-1 (which alot here have guessed that flash cards somewhat do the same w/ some Slot-1 Emulation at the hardware level going on. )

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So using the dsi Homebrew launcher can it play homebrew games, and if so
do I need to patch Twl_firm with azeards, if I have luma's auto-patched?
Luma isnt auto patched the latest nightly only implements the "Patches" as it were for this to work from the Dev branch, so yes you still need a patched TWLBg.cxi

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for clarity, do you mean that DSi-enhanced games run as they would on a DS, or that they run in DSi mode (with working DSi-enhanced features)?
They run in DS mode (NTR_FIRM). What we've done is gotten DSi mode hardware enabled in NTR mode, as just running DS games from DSi mode (TWL_FIRM) would just break the games.
I can see that in a year from now, Gateway will announce their "exclusive" new feature: run ds backups without the blue card, saying "fuck you" to the developers which made the feature a year before, and to those who bought the gw blue card.
Holy shit you're so right :rofl2:
I would put that in my sig if I had one.

Reactions: N7Kopper

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not to detract from the hype of SD slot ROM loading, but I've had a silly nagging question for a while.

I know that there is homebrew for the DS that can dump GBA ROMs and extract GBA saves from Slot 2.
I know that neither the DSi nor the 3DS have a Slot 2.
What I don't know is: Is it possible with our knowledge (and if so, does the tool exist now) to use Download Play to connect a DSi or 3DS to an original DS, and use it's Slot 2 to dump ROMs and saves to the SD Card? Because I have an interesting bootleg GBA cart kicking around somewhere, and while it's probably already dumped, I don't know for certain. I also only have an EZ Flash IV GBA flashcart, and making tools for the GBA or GCN to dump GBA ROMs would be impractical for obvious reasons.

Last edited by N7Kopper,

ecaep42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to detract from the hype of SD slot ROM loading, but I've had a silly nagging question for a while.

I know that there is homebrew for the DS that can dump GBA ROMs and extract GBA saves from Slot 2.
I know that neither the DSi nor the 3DS have a Slot 2.
What I don't know is: Is it possible with our knowledge (and if so, does the tool exist now) to use Download Play to connect a DSi or 3DS to an original DS, and use it's Slot 2 to dump ROMs and saves to the SD Card? Because I have an interesting bootleg GBA cart kicking around somewhere, and while it's probably already dumped, I don't know for certain. I also only have an EZ Flash IV GBA flashcart, and making tools for the GBA or GCN to dump GBA ROMs would be impractical for obvious reasons.
Probably, you'd have to fool Download Play and the DS to run unsigned code for the DS to read the cart, send the dump info to the 3DS and then have the 3DS write it to the SD. It would be very convoluted and very impractical.

Another way around it would be for a flashcart company to make a Slot-1-based card that can hold a GBA cart to read and write to the SD. Again, very convoluted and not very much interest.

Last edited by ecaep42,

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably, you'd have to fool Download Play and the DS to run unsigned code for the DS to read the cart, send the dump info to the 3DS and then have the 3DS write it to the SD. It would be very convoluted and very impractical.
Heh. Yeah, it'd probably be easier to connect to a Wii that is connected to a GBA. Assuming that the GBA's own download play has no signing security.
I only asked because I know that CTGP-7's Download Play can make the custom tracks appear on a completely unmodded system. But that probably exploits a vulnerability in MK7's Download Play CIA, rather than actually recompiling it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k