Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. I've been trying to get all the DLP demos working, and it seems like all of them are working now, also added some more. The only problem is that the "Kirby Mass Attack" demo is missing, and I can't find it anywhere. It might not be dumped.

HNI_0034_0035.PNG

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Av448

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
as some have pointed here, shouldn't it be possible to make ROM loading with A9LH ?

i doubt someone has the hacking skills, or the time to make it happen. But i can certainly see it working

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as some have pointed here, shouldn't it be possible to make ROM loading with A9LH ?

i doubt someone has the hacking skills, or the time to make it happen. But i can certainly see it working
No. We would either need a way to patch ROMs to read from NAND instead of Slot-1, similar to NDS Patcher, which patches ROMs to read from Slot-2 instead of Slot-1, or hack TWL_FIRM to emulate a Slot-2 in FCRAM, and loading a Slot-2 patched NDS ROM there.

Av448

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
No. We would either need a way to patch ROMs to read from NAND instead of Slot-1, similar to NDSPatcher, which patches ROMs to read from Slot-2 instead of Slot-1, or hack TWL_FIRM to emulate a Slot-2 in FCRAM, and loading a Slot-2 patched NDS ROM there.

that is not happening any time soon

i'm better off looking for a flashcard then :P

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so using IDA, I disassambled the ARM9 code for the E3 Zelda Twilight Princess Trailer. The only instance of slot-1 reading is for playing the .vx movie file (tested the slot-2-patched version in NO$GBA).
If anyone wants to look into the code, and maybe change it to read from NAND or SD, just PM me. ASM files are included, if necessary.

http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm#armcpureference

Reactions: Deleted User

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so using IDA, I disassambled the ARM9 code for the E3 Zelda Twilight Princess Trailer. The only instance of slot-1 reading is for playing the .vx movie file (tested the slot-2-patched version in NO$GBA).
If anyone wants to look into the code, and maybe change it to read from NAND or SD, just PM me. ASM files are included, if necessary.

http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm#armcpureference
What about the ARM7?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting news! I managed to fit Kirby Mass Attack into System Memory (aka TWLN partition), by deleting whatever DSiWare I have.
HNI_0058.JPG

The game is (when trimmed) 77.9MB, or in blocks, a whopping 624!
So it turns out that there is no size limit on DSiWare! The real limit is whatever free blocks you have on System Memory.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting news! I managed to fit Kirby Mass Attack into System Memory (aka TWLN partition), by deleting whatever DSiWare I have.
View attachment 47572
The game is (when trimmed) 77.9MB, or in blocks, a whopping 624!
So it turns out that there is no size limit on DSiWare! The real limit is whatever free blocks you have on System Memory.
but it's a demo, right? interesting news though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...