Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this is not a fladh card thread and i cannot cause i have no credit card or any card to buy one and my parents won't buy it for me so theres no way for me to pay for it and the stores near me have no visa giftcards
I'll buy you a flashcard if you stop posting stupid messages in this thread! OK?

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll buy you a flashcard if you stop posting stupid messages in this thread! OK?
I've ignored him. The thread is a lot easier to read now. If you don't want to bother with him (or anyone else who is only here to complain that they dont want to buy a flashcart) ignore him as well.

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've ignored him. The thread is a lot easier to read now. If you don't want to bother with him (or anyone else who is only here to complain that they dont want to buy a flashcart) ignore him as well.
Cool! I'm starting feeling younger(than 15 lol) :P

Badda

me too
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
Hi yall,
I just noticed this tread but don't want to read through the whole 65 pages. Is it possible now to play DS(i)-roms on 3DS without a flashcard (e.g. by means of a NDS2CIA converter or something).
If not, whats the current status? Can anybody wrap it up in a couple of sentences?
Thanks so much, I'd appreciate it :)

solitonmedic

Double Trouble
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi yall,
I just noticed this tread but don't want to read through the whole 65 pages. Is it possible now to play DS(i)-roms on 3DS without a flashcard (e.g. by means of a NDS2CIA converter or something).
If not, whats the current status? Can anybody wrap it up in a couple of sentences?
Thanks so much, I'd appreciate it :)

No. Buy a flash cart.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No and it will probably never be possible as every DS game runs on bare metal with the dependencies compiled into the game.
This means you simply can't redirect reads to SD without changing a games behaviour, so you would need to reimplement every game separately for this purpose which is impossible with that much assembly code a game is made up from.
So forget it and use a flash card, emulator, etc.
DSiWare is despite Flipnote Studio the worst excuse the give up the GBA port and spend 170 € on a piece of very easily scratchable plastic.
The DSi was and will be a waste of money and time.

Last edited by Wuigi,

Badda

me too
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
You're wrong, you need a flashcard if you want to play ds games, for dsi games you just need an exploitable fw version or a9lh

Ok, thanks :-) Already have a flashcard, but would have been nice if everything was in one place: on my SD card.
I have a9lh and AuReiNand - what can I do to get DSi roms working from SD-card?

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, thanks :-) Already have a flashcard, but would have been nice if everything was in one place: on my SD card.
I have a9lh and AuReiNand - what can I do to get DSi roms working from SD-card?
Patch twl firm(find it on that iso site), put the flag reversereboot in the rei folder and you're done

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well DSiWare is installed to the sysNAND or emuNAND, you can copy it to the SD Card to have a backup, you need to have it installed to the NAND (wasting) some blocks of system memory.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to have some type of DS-mode CFW running using A9LH before any FIRM starts? If it were possible to have the ARM9 and ARM7 running while the ARM11 is still up maybe there would be a way to mitigate having to negotiate ARM7 for sdmc access. Sounds like it requires reimplementing a custom TWL_FIRM, although even a very basic ARM9 DS-mode loader would be impressive
Very good idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1