Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yo, just confirmed that my prepatched TWL_FIRM FIRM binary works with rxTools. I stripped out the "Magic" FIRM header from the patched FIRM file and placed that in rxTools/data folder replacing the existing one. My modified BlackJack DSi game even shows up on the home menu now. (in CakesFW with prepatched TWL_FIRM installed directly to sysnand, it wouldn't show up. One would have to boot it from devmenu) Curious as to why rxTools allows Home Menu to show it. None then less, it boots teh game despite the sig broken SRL. So it can work from rxTools. Someone should as them to add it to their source code. :D
Maybe (just having a wild guess here) for region free to work, Rx patches the home menu function that makes things visible, and this indirectly also fixed altered TWL stuff?
If so, you could try Cakes and using Freemultipatcher to see if it makes the icon appear (I guess the patch would be the same)

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
That could be it. I don't even recall if the particular game I patched was native to my region or not.... :P

But the banner SHA1 HMAC is broken so even though rxTools gets it to show up, it's just a white icon. It boots though.

I checked and TWLNandFIler and WMTestTool both use FF FF FF FF in the region code bytes in the DSI Extended Header. I assume that makes DSiWare region free effectively. Might try to add that and see if they show up in CakesFW.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, just confirmed that my prepatched TWL_FIRM FIRM binary works with rxTools. I stripped out the "Magic" FIRM header from the patched FIRM file and placed that in rxTools/data folder replacing the existing one. My modified BlackJack DSi game even shows up on the home menu now. (in CakesFW with prepatched TWL_FIRM installed directly to sysnand, it wouldn't show up. One would have to boot it from devmenu) Curious as to why rxTools allows Home Menu to show it. None then less, it boots teh game despite the sig broken SRL. So it can work from rxTools. Someone should as them to add it to their source code. :D
Does it have a negative effect with the rxtools's regionfree patcher?

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So Apache Thunder, you with SteveIce and TuxSH managed to get DSiWare applications to load? Do you think that it could bring to an exploitation of DS backup at the end?
If yes, it'll be hard?

Good job, guys!! :)

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have succeeded in decrypting, patching and reencrypting the N3DS TWL_FIRM (fully, for the arm9bin I just had to make a couple changes to reinand) however I'm not sure how to rebuild a proper exeFS for the NCCH in the .cia (as the FIRM is in a ".firm" section which makerom doesn't support (?).
@Apache Thunder how can this be done?
EDIT: nevermind, did it manually.

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

Stecker8

Plug
Trophies
Website
www.kernelhack10.3.com
XP
Country
after some investigation I was half wrong, you can use play european 5 gen pokemon games on american 3DS without problem but if you try to do the same with an american DSi doesn't work. I assumed that worked the same on DSi but I was wrong.

TL;DR 3DS bypass DSi carts region locking.
Dsi carts has got region locking?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a