Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

D

Deleted User

well once this happens flash cards will be obsolete like how 3ds flash cards are
not really. you still need ds flashcarts to play on ds/i/lite which has better battery life and best resolution for ds games. that start/select makes black borders and still is smaller on 3dsxl then dsiXL so theres still need for them... also as a N3DS user I think it'll be better for me to do the opposite- use ds flash cart for ctr mode, cause taking out those 2 screws isnt that easy each time...

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
also as a N3DS user I think it'll be better for me to do the opposite- use ds flash cart for ctr mode, cause taking out those 2 screws isnt that easy each time...

Isn't there an app for file transfer via wifi? I'm using that on my o3DS, last time i took my SD card outside the console was for installing a9lh

Reactions: DrkBeam and Asdolo

undergroundmonorail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not easy... run hb (5-10 sec)->run ftp (5-10 more sec)-> run filezilla, connect etc... ending up with a minute and a half wasting. better unscrewing the screws...

even if we accept your premise that it can take up to 20 seconds to launch an ftp server it really shouldn't take you more than another 20 to launch filezilla, choose the ip address from the dropdown and drag a file into the window

i mean, do whatever you like, it doesn't matter to me at all, but imo it's really not that bad

Fazana

Professional Trashposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Issue there is transfer speed. 3DS work speeds are ass. On my end, I cap out at 1MB/s transfer, while if I transfer it over a dongle, I damn near max out USB2 standards.

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
even if we accept your premise that it can take up to 20 seconds to launch an ftp server it really shouldn't take you more than another 20 to launch filezilla, choose the ip address from the dropdown and drag a file into the window

i mean, do whatever you like, it doesn't matter to me at all, but imo it's really not that bad
It isn't even necessary to have any dedicated FTP client. You can add it straight to "This PC" or "My Computer", whatever it's called.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
It isn't even necessary to have any dedicated FTP client. You can add it straight to "This PC" or "My Computer", whatever it's called.
By utilizing its built in ftp:// function, yes (e.g.: ftp://192.168.2.8:5000), if the person is a Windows user.
Using FileZilla over the OS's file manager is recommended though as it preserves file permissions and allows one to transfer files in binary mode which preserves encoding. This is useful for configuration files and save backups.

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Run the unbricker rom from ntr mode hbmenu. If that doesn't work, making a stage 2 or 3 launcher of it won't help you.

Wait, so I can unbrick my R4i 2015 just by running the firmware updater rom through NTR mode hbmenu? My 3DS crashes when the flashcart is inserted due to corrupted firmware, so I need some way to initialize the card after entering NTR/TWL mode.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so I can unbrick my R4i 2015 just by running the firmware updater rom through NTR mode hbmenu? My 3DS crashes when the flashcart is inserted due to corrupted firmware, so I need some way to initialize the card after entering NTR/TWL mode.

run it via my stage 3 action replay launcher. Just replace the ar rom with your unbricker. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll give you a present by tying up ancientboi for you