Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Would someone kindly point me in the direction of some good DS Homebrews? I would like to try some out, all I've had to play with is Colors..and while that was fun, I deleted it the next week :\ Got old..

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBAdev, the DS page of DCEmu, the downloads section here... there's TONS of it out there.

I'd recommend DSOrganize, Moonshell, SNEmulDS, Lameboy, World of Sand, Warcraft Tower Defense, and Whee! DS2.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You'll be surprised at how many good DS Homebrew games there are...

Let's just say the Homebrew Prophet will be doing something special for New Years
wink.gif

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GBAdev, the DS page of DCEmu, the downloads section here... there's TONS of it out there.

I'd recommend DSOrganize, Moonshell, SNEmulDS, Lameboy, World of Sand, Warcraft Tower Defense, and Whee! DS2.

I've got Moonshell, and SNEmulDS..but I didn't know they had Warcraft Tower Defense..I love that game! Dunno what the others do though, and I dunno why people keep suggesting DSOrganize. As far as I know..it's just an organizer, am I missing something here?

You'll be surprised at how many good DS Homebrew games there are...

Let's just say the Homebrew Prophet will be doing something special for New Years
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

---------

@Nero: I didn't know they had emulators for EVERY freaking system...that's....that's amazing! Sucks that the Genesis games don't have sound though :'[

I'll look over your Homebrew list though, thanks
biggrin.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've got Moonshell, and SNEmulDS..but I didn't know they had Warcraft Tower Defense..I love that game! Dunno what the others do though, and I dunno why people keep suggesting DSOrganize. As far as I know..it's just an organizer, am I missing something here?
Lameboy is a GB/GBC emulator listed in Nero's topic. World of Sand is a falling sand game that's fun to waste time with. Whee! DS2 is a 3D racer game, one of the better 3D homebrew games out there.

Honestly I haven't ever used DSOrganize for its organizing features. I use it for its other features, including: IRC client, web browser, file browser, file management (cut, copy, paste, delete, rename), text viewer (and editor), picture viewer, audio player, Internet radio stream player, online homebrew database, and other features I'm probably forgetting. It's very fully feature-packed and offers one of the better homebrew web browsers available.

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lameboy is a GB/GBC emulator listed in Nero's topic. World of Sand is a falling sand game that's fun to waste time with. Whee! DS2 is a 3D racer game, one of the better 3D homebrew games out there.

Ah, I played that sand falling game before..it's pretty fun
biggrin.gif

Also Whee! DS2 sounds pretty fun..I always thought Homebrew were just little applications, not games.

Honestly I haven't ever used DSOrganize for its organizing features. I use it for its other features, including: IRC client, web browser, file browser, file management (cut, copy, paste, delete, rename), text viewer (and editor), picture viewer, audio player, Internet radio stream player, online homebrew database, and other features I'm probably forgetting. It's very fully feature-packed and offers one of the better homebrew web browsers available.

..Are you serious? IRC Client? Web Browser? Does that really work on the R4? I always thought you needed a RAM Expansion for that to work..but omgosh..radio!?! What the heck was I missing out on >_>"
Are you supposed to just put it on your MicroSD root, and it works?

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
[/QUOTE]..Are you serious? IRC Client? Web Browser? Does that really work on the R4? I always thought you needed a RAM Expansion for that to work..but omgosh..radio!?!
Well you need RAM expansion to use the Nintendo DS browser(the game not homebrew).
To run IRC, beup(MSN) you dont need ram expansion.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. And to run DSOrganize...what files do I put on the root of the MicroSD? There's like so many..

2004270815475811847_rs.jpg

DSOrganize.nds should be on the root, and the DSOrganize folder should be on the root.
Then, start up your R4, and boot it up.

~Nero

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the other files are only for Supercard and Games N Music cartridges. The .ds.gba file is for Slot-2 Filesystems (EZ4). You just need the two files mentioned above in my post.

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. And to run DSOrganize...what files do I put on the root of the MicroSD? There's like so many..

DSOrganize.nds should be on the root, and the DSOrganize folder should be on the root.

~Nero

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the other files are only for Supercard and Games N Music cartridges. The .ds.gba file is for Slot-2 Filesystems (EZ4). You just need the two files mentioned above in my post.

Oh, okay.

EDIT: Nevermind, I get it lol. What about moonshl though?

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

~Nero

Oh, okay.

EDIT: Nevermind, I get it lol. What about moonshl though?

Well, it's just the Moonshell folder, so just put it on the root, I guess.
Shouldn't your MicroSD have Moonshell with the Firmware already?

~Nero

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded DSOrganize, and it's pretty cool ^__^
I LOVE that I can download Homebrew straight to the DS, awesome feature IMO.

But there's no Radio Player like you guys said, unless I'm missing something :\
And the web browser freezes up a lot.

All I see is Calendar, Day Planner, Address, Todo List, Scribble Pad, Browser, Calculator, IRC, Web Browser, Homebrew Database, and (2) Not Implemented's..dunno what those are
huh.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Moonshl folder is only for CycloDS Evolution users. The ReadMe file explains this.

For Internet Radio, you need to get a *.pls or *.m3u playlist file with the radio stream information. Launch it in the file browser and it will connect. A good test one is the Ormgas radio stream.

Tower Defense I believe requires a "maps" folder on the root of your card with the maps, and that's about it. Speaking of which, I think I just deleted that folder after thinking it was for a different application. That was smart of me...

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Moonshl folder is only for CycloDS Evolution users. The ReadMe file explains this.Ah, I see..

For Internet Radio, you need to get a *.pls or *.m3u playlist file with the radio stream information. Launch it in the file browser and it will connect. A good test one is the Ormgas radio stream.Sorry, but you just spoke a completely different language right there. Can you please explain
blink.gif

Tower Defense I believe requires a "maps" folder on the root of your card with the maps, and that's about it. Speaking of which, I think I just deleted that folder after thinking it was for a different application. That was smart of me...Haha
tongue.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, some Internet radio streams will work and others won't. If you go to www.ormgas.com and click on the radio stream link on the right (any one will work) you will be prompted to download a "stream2.pls" file. This file can be opened in Winamp or another media player that can handle Internet radio streams, and it will connect to the radio stream and start playing. If you instead put the stream2.pls file on your media card, you can open DSO's file browser and launch it, and it will connect to the Ormgas radio stream and start playing the song that's currently on the radio stream.

It doesn't work with certain websites like Yahoo Launchcast or other radio streams that have their own streaming system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr