DS Games with local co-op option.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ayinaim, May 4, 2009.

May 4, 2009
  1. ayinaim
    OP

Newcomer ayinaim Newbie

Canada
    Hi guys, i'm just wondering if there are actually other ds games that allow local co-op mode for the main story other than Echoes of Time? I'm looking for the co-op play with the main story and not just some minigames like phantom hourglass. I'm looking for local co-op, but if the game does contain online co-op (like echoes of time), then it is definitely a bonus to me. Thanks all for your advices!

2. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Soma Bringer has local co-op, you play through the story. It's a great game, definately check it out.
    There's a translation Patch that's available here that makes the game 100% playable.

3. Balious

Newcomer Balious Member

United States
    Hey guys I would also like to know other local co-op games. But the problem is two of my friends that I play with dont like much talking (like soma bringer) which is a pain for me as its the only reason they don't play it. Although my other friend loves the game. And right now im stuck playing Jump Ultimate Stars with them all the time. Its good but playing it everytime I see them at 6 form is annoying as it gets old and old just like it did with bomberman.

Does Echoes of Time have alot of talking? I haven't tried that yet but I will soon. Also are there any others? Ones that alot of people may not know of or something?

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    If that Gauntlet DS game ever comes out, it will have local and online co-op....or at least, it's supposed to. I'll tell ya, someone who works at whatever company currently holds the finished version of the game really needs to rip a copy of it and dump it to the scene.

5. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Phantasy Star 0. It has online co-op... Its J now, but a U version is coming out end of the year

But ppl hack and cheat online though, being weaker makes me lose heart in playing online.