DS games not working with Nintendo WFC on my 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by insidexdeath, Apr 14, 2012.

1. insidexdeath
    OP

Member insidexdeath .

United Kingdom
    Using an R4i Gold (r4ids.cn)... When I try to enter the Nintendo WFC on Pokemon Black, the connection the 3DS is connected to no longer gets connection... And yes I'm using WEP encryption, even tried no security.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Does it give you an error code? Are you perhaps accidentally turning the Wifi switch off by chance? I feel like I've seen this problem before and it was fixed by a system format but I'm not 100% sure...

1 person likes this.
  3. insidexdeath
    OP

Member insidexdeath .

United Kingdom
    When I enter Union Room on Pokemon White, the network coverage becomes red instead of green (filled with bars)....... I just tried a different game like Mario Kart DS and it actually ran normally.... I dunno what's wrong with Pokemon

4. Tom Bombadildo

pip
    United States
    Hmm...bad ROMs, maybe? I'm not sure either...I know somewhere someone had this same issue but I can't for the life of me find it anymore.

Could you try it on another connection maybe?

1 person likes this.
  5. insidexdeath
    OP

Member insidexdeath .

United Kingdom
    I have two routers, one WPA and the other WEP. I changed the WPA to no security and tried the game, still the same problem which is odd...

6. Tom Bombadildo

pip
    United States
    Hmm...do you have any cheats activated?

1 person likes this.
  7. insidexdeath
    OP

Member insidexdeath .

United Kingdom
    I don't use cheats.

Edit: Suddenly, it's now working.

Thanks Suprgamr232. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Tom Bombadildo

pip
    United States
    Hmm...Yeah, then I don't really know what's up. Try different ROMs?

EDIT: Well your welcome! Haha.

1 person likes this.
  9. KazoWAR

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Union Room(Left) is for local play, you would want the Wi-Fi Club(Middle) for the Global Terminal(Right) to use Wi-Fi.

10. rdub53

Newcomer rdub53 Newbie

United States
    I have similar issues with all legitimate cartridges of the games you've stated, I think it's more a hardware bug, but I don't know.

11. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

What connections are you using? The main three or are you going "Nintendo DS Connections" on the internet settings?

12. Bryan162

Newcomer Bryan162 Member

United States
    I got the same problem, i cant play on wifi thru my r4i 3ds... i used to be able to tho... weird. damn i just bricked my wii today.

13. rdub53

Newcomer rdub53 Newbie

United States
    I've setup my Nintendo DS connections too under internet settings, and it still makes certain games react badly to the WFC or Ad-hoc features, especially games like Pokémon Black/White and things like the Entralink. That's the most notable exception I can find at present.

EDIT: It's worth noting that the stupid wireless switch has to remain on at all times for that to work, but even so, I have had no end of issues with the AdHoc features, such as the Entralink, etc...but I think it's really dumb it has to be on all the time for a DS Game to work as intended. Because the original DS never needed it on 100% of the time.

14. AlanWeird

Member AlanWeird GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    This has caused me no end of headaches as well. I ended up connecting a cheapo cable router to my isps router. It has no security. I switch it on only when I wanna play online with a ds game. Its sadly the easiest way.

15. Bryan162

Newcomer Bryan162 Member

United States
    yes yes i have the exact same problem. but i used to be able to play mario kart ds thru my flashcard. huh... weird

16. jrk190

Member jrk190 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've had wifi problems too, on All of my systems, but I'm using WEP, and a store-bought game...

17. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Had issues with DS wifi on 3DS myself. Regardless of flashcard usage. Worked fine with 3DS-specific wifi, just not on the DS side of things. I'd get an error code every time it would do the connection test. Would recognize the router but would fail when testing it. I ended up contacting Nintendo and they told me i had to reformat the system memory. That did actually fix everything. Though your 3DS will lose all its apps and settings, acting like it would as you first bought it (though it retains the latest firmware update). For me however, the eshop did recognize all the games and apps i had already downloaded, including ambassador ones. It let me redownload them all for free. I lost all the Mii related things though, as well as my 3D puzzle swap stuff. No big loss though in order to get DS wifi working.

18. jrk190

United States
    Wow, but it's not just on my 3DS. It's on my Lite and DSi, too. All of them with the same settings.

19. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    If it happens with other DS systems, it's likely a problem with the internet connection or router. My issue was within the 3DS itself, and reformatting fixed it.

20. jrk190

United States
    Yeah, I have a 2Wire router with WEP-Open. I need Open and Shared, but I don't have that option...