Hacking DS Games 0xc8804478 Error Tried TWLFix & CTRTransfer (Type D9)... Help!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 18,727
  • Replies 11
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello, I have a New 3DS that I region changed by following the 3ds.hacks tutorials. The following error code is shown when ds games are launched: 0xc8804478. I tried TWLFix-CFW, but it fails to uninstall 0004800f484e4c41 and 000480005484e4441, which I understand are the TWL Version Data and DS Download Play titles.

I then tried CTRTransfer, CTRTransfer Type D9, where in the last few steps of the script a build error was encountered (dsiware_missing_titles.txt) and the same two titles (DS Download Play & TWL Version Data) are seen in the text file. I tried downloading and installing the 4 replacement cias including the ones for "Nintendo DSi" and "Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist" and running TWLFix-CFW. I still got the error code on a DS game cart. (Also 3DS cartridges and cias work fine)

Am I approaching this the wrong way? I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you :(

Last edited by ,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
but it fails to uninstall 0004800f484e4c41 and 000480005484e4441, which I understand are the TWL Version Data and DS Download Play titles.
Have you tried to delete that specific titles directly on FBI (using the Delete title and tickets option) before to run TWLFix?

D

Deleted User

OP
Yes I did try deleting them but then I got the Black screen with the "An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again" message instead of the Error Code 0xc8804478 so I had to restore to a SYSNAND Backup that I made just in case right before deleting.

The error screen (attached)

Also, when I run system update the two files (0004800f484e4c41 and 000480005484e4441) don't come back unless I manually install via replacement cias.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    4 MB · Views: 588
Last edited by ,

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Dunno exactly, but afaik, some of that DS system titles are exclusive for each region... and, as you made a region change, then you must check/search for the exactly cia DS titles for your actual region (use 3DNUS for that, if you will) and then try to install manually through FBI.

Also, is possible that the NVRAM from your console was corrupted, or even the TWLNAND partition itself. But dunno exactly how to check/repair that (I know that the CTRTransfer Type D9 script have some related options).

That is all the help given from my side :) (I'm not really an expert on that kind of errors... Wait for more help. Perharps @TurdPooCharger or @KleinesSinchen can help with this). Good luck!

Last edited by fmkid,
D

Deleted User

OP
Thank you. These are some screens of the current situation.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 584
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 531
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 492
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 497
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 503
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 553
Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
Lastly, when I run the 3DS_NVRAMtool.3dsx tool following the reset NVRAM tutorial, I get "Error opening nvram.bin" above "write 00000000"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, I don't know if anyone is reading this but I managed to fix it haha. Resetting NVRAM indeed was the fix. But I didn't catch the edit made at the bottom of the @TurdPooCharger 's tutorial (can't link bc newbie, sorry) where the tool has to be moved to the same location as nvram.bin. Thank you @TurdPooCharger for the tutorial and @fmkid for pointing me in the right direction. Good day to all!

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    626.4 KB · Views: 529
Last edited by ,

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Lastly, when I run the 3DS_NVRAMtool.3dsx tool following the reset NVRAM tutorial, I get "Error opening nvram.bin" above "write 00000000"

Okay, I don't know if anyone is reading this but I managed to fix it haha. Resetting NVRAM indeed was the fix. But I didn't catch the edit made at the bottom of the @TurdPooCharger 's tutorial (can't link bc newbie, sorry) where the tool has to be moved to the same location as nvram.bin. Thank you @TurdPooCharger for the tutorial and @fmkid for pointing me in the right direction. Good day to all!
Glad to hear that! Enjoy it!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Glad to hear it's fixed. Anyone else who has a broken DS(i) mode due to softbricked nvram, see this.

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore

Congrats on fixing it! I also appreciate you updating and letting us know how you fixed it as you never know someone else in the future may need it. :)

jjlucarelli

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hey I am have the same issue but i cant find where the download is for nvram.bin if somebody could link it I would much ppreciate it
Post automatically merged:

hey I am have the same issue but i cant find where the download is for nvram.bin if somebody could link it I would much ppreciate it
nevermind found it!

Last edited by jjlucarelli,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1