DS Game Maker

Jhongerkong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Via Tehskeen: http://www.tehskeen.com/modules.php?name=D...cle&id=2429

"A new development tool has been released for people who don't know how to code, but would like to make their own Nintendo DS game. DS Game Maker is a Windows application that allows you to create 2D based games from it's simple to use GUI. It features sprite placement and actions along with the ability to add Wifi and sound to your games.

The free edition can be downloaded by anyone and allows you to make your own games, but adds a boot logo and limits of of the functionality. If you register for $10 USD to get the full fledged program and the extra features listed below.

Free Edition Features

* Visually plot and organize sprites in the room designer
* Add a vast range of actions to your game, including basic 3D support
* Customize the whole development experience
* Share your games with the dsgamemaker.com community

Extra Features

* No DS Game Maker logo when running a game
* Rotated, animated and dual screen sprites
* Additional actions for e.g. keyboard, hand writing recognition and scoring
* Advanced sound with special effects
* Scrollable sprites & Backgrounds
* Tools to add libraries and super-global variables"

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Good stuff for n00bs like me
tongue.gif
. Thanks, Jhongerkong.

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People really need to learn how to code and stop using .NET... It's cracked way too easily... You can literally see the source code...

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Hyperlisk_ said:
People really need to learn how to code and stop using .NET... It's cracked way too easily... You can literally see the source code...
People should not use it because you can see the source code? By that logic people should stop using Linux or Firefox.

QUOTE(Jhongerkong @ Jun 3 2008, 09:07 PM) Via Tehskeen: http://www.tehskeen.com/modules.php?name=D...cle&id=2429
Free Edition Features

* Visually plot and organize sprites in the room designer
* Add a vast range of actions to your game, including basic 3D support
* Customize the whole development experience
* Share your games with the dsgamemaker.com community

Extra Features

* No DS Game Maker logo when running a game
* Rotated, animated and dual screen sprites
* Additional actions for e.g. keyboard, hand writing recognition and scoring
* Advanced sound with special effects
* Scrollable sprites & Backgrounds
* Tools to add libraries and super-global variables"
Ten bucks to rotate sprites? This is a fucking scam. If you're interested in making games PAlib is a great place to start. You will be up and compiling code in no more than a half an hour if you have no programming experience. PAlib's got some great tutorials on their site. NDSlib+devkitpro is great on its own. I know the author is just trying to make a buck but shame on him. If you're going to charge more than the free alternative, you should try to offer the user something worth it.

The GUI looks nice at least. Maybe this'll turn into areal powerful, useful app eventually.

Screens:

screenshot-7.png

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
Hyperlisk_ said:
People should not use it because you can see the source code? By that logic people should stop using Linux or Firefox.
Yeah, stop using those programs! After all, they're charging us so much money and we can see their source and everything an--

Oh wait.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Heran Bago said:
Hyperlisk_ said:
Yeah, stop using those programs! After all, they're charging us so much money and we can see their source and everything an--

Oh wait.
Ohhh, Hperlisk_ meant people shouldn't use it for things you're charging people for!

In that case, them trying to charge ten bucks sounds just fine. =P

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
Ten bucks to rotate sprites? This is a fucking scam. If you're interested in making games PAlib is a great place to start. You will be up and compiling code in no more than a half an hour if you have no programming experience. PAlib's got some great tutorials on their site. NDSlib+devkitpro is great on its own. I know the author is just trying to make a buck but shame on him. If you're going to charge more than the free alternative, you should try to offer the user something worth it.
It uses PALib/PAGfx for everything...

QUOTE(Heran Bago @ Jun 3 2008, 10:08 PM) Ohhh, Hperlisk_ meant people shouldn't use it for things you're charging people for!

In that case, them trying to charge ten bucks sounds just fine. =P
Haha, yeah

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I fully agree with you that him charging for such stupid things is indeed horrible on his part, and I also agree that actually just using PAlib+devkitpro will get you where you need to go, I will say for those not willing and looking for a way to make a demo or whatever it is they need, it's a fast way for those who don't WANT to learn to code (Which is what the site should say, not just those who don't know how).

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww rats, i was hoping this was a DS game maker for the ds. I'd love to get my hands on a very simple game maker to do shit like this on the go. I mean, with Colors DS and NitroTracker, this would be an EXCELLENT 3rd "work" tool for my portable dual screened beauty.

I might should still check it out though.

Cause i haven't programmed since Pascal
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online