monkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a few notes after lots of experimenting:

It doesn't seem to like hidden SSIDs. Oh well, I just set up a saved set of settings for WEP and broadcast SSID on my router so I can switch over easily (from WPA2/closed to WEP/open) when I want to use the DS online. If anybody else wants to do something like that, make it easy on yourself and give the WEP/open network a different SSID so that Windows (or OSX or whatever) can automatically jump on either, whichever is available (since you can't have two sets of security settings for the same SSID).

Still can't actually connect to the FTP server (using SmartFTP) but at least DSFTP can connect and get an IP address from my router...

bennyboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
here's my follow up.. -

still no success. Even though i can associate with my access point and get an IP address I still can't actually connect to it (the DS). Tried from an external machine as well, port forwarded through my ADSL router.. - same thing as on LAN - connection times out..

Have given up for the time being.

NTolerance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched this for my G6 Lite and it works OK except for creating folders. If I create a folder through FTP and try to access that folder I get disconnected from the DS. I wonder if this is a G6 problem or if everyone has it.

bennyboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same here, bennyboo -- I've tried two different FTP client as well (SmartFTP, Windows Explorer) with no luck.

I was trying with Filezilla. I've also now tried it on an M3 Simply (was trying on M3 CF before) and still got the same problems. Out of interest what access point are you using? - Mine is Buffalo Airstation. - all works fine using WFC of course.

monkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Out of interest what access point are you using? - Mine is Buffalo Airstation. - all works fine using WFC of course.

AirPort Express. Everything else works fine, I haven't actually played any games online yet but I did try out DSOrganize's Homebrew and streaming audio and those both worked. Using Metroid Hunters to set up the WiFi settings went OK too. I have a Linksys at work, I'll bring my DS in and try it with that tomorrow and post back my results.

Can anybody else post their base station and results? Maybe there's a pattern?

monkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, that didn't work -- I tried it on the Linksys WRT54GS v4 at work, and while the WiFi connection setup went fine (using TetrisDS), DSFTP found the network but waited for a good 20 seconds on "Acquiring DHCP" then gave a connection error and said I had to restart.

DSOrganize could still play streaming music, but it did take quite a while to get started, hung up on the "Associating..." status for about 20 seconds before finally starting to stream. Maybe it takes a while to associate with my router for some reason, and DSFTP's timeout is shorter than that time?

Doesn't give me any hints as to why it doesn't work on the Apple router, though...

vandergus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just loaded DSFTP v2.4 on my R4DS without the ftp.conf file but can't get my ftp client to connect. DSFTP has no problem getting an IP address from my router but when I try to connect to my DS the status screen on DSFTP says

** New FTP control connection 2
** FTP conn 2 from 10.0.1.3

and won't go any further. I'm using Fugu on my iMac as the client. I shouldn't need to forward any ports since they are both behind the router (airport express).

One question... Should I be entering the password when I initiate the connection or will it prompt me after the connection is established. Fugu doesn't have a password field in the connection settings, just a user name.

Any suggestions?

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
great tool, now if only i could have it the other way around so i can host a ftp server on my pc 24/7 with all my roms and have the ds connect to that and download it anytime.

rather then having to start up a ftp client on my pc and start up my ds, and send files to the ds.

vandergus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem solved.

Used another ftp client (cyberduck) and everything worked fine. Still can't get the ftp.conf file to work though. It's giving me all kinds of syntax errors on lines that aren't even in the file. I was wondering if the unix text file might be giving it troubles. Has anyone else with a Mac or Linux machine gotten the config file to work properly.

friedchicken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im on M3 simply v1.02 with linksys WRT56G on hyperwrt +12 tofu firmware. Used Mario Kart to set up wireless.
Patched 2.4 DSFTP and it didnt seem to work the first time saying folder doent exists. error 550. tried setting up ftp.conf in dsftp/arm9/data/settings/ says it doenst exists. made sure the file is .conf and not .txt in dos

redownloaded dsftp2.4 unzipped and transfer directories into microsd. patched .nds with dldi. made another ftp.conf, still doesnt work but apparently i can access it the root now using window explorer.

so im wondering if i put my ftp.conf in the right folder. in this case
/DSFTP/ARM9/DATA/SETTINGS/

edit: the first time, i had my folders set as hidden, but i didnt the second time. oddly it worked but that should've matter.

Queuerst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im on M3 simply v1.02 with linksys WRT56G on hyperwrt +12 tofu firmware. Used Mario Kart to set up wireless.
Patched 2.4 DSFTP and it didnt seem to work the first time saying folder doent exists. error 550. tried setting up ftp.conf in dsftp/arm9/data/settings/ says it doenst exists. made sure the file is .conf and not .txt in dos

redownloaded dsftp2.4 unzipped and transfer directories into microsd. patched .nds with dldi. made another ftp.conf, still doesnt work but apparently i can access it the root now using window explorer.

so im wondering if i put my ftp.conf in the right folder. in this case
/DSFTP/ARM9/DATA/SETTINGS/

edit: the first time, i had my folders set as hidden, but i didnt the second time. oddly it worked but that should've matter.

It's just supposed to go to /DATA/SETTINGS, not "/DSFTP/ARM9/DATA/SETTINGS"

smile.gif

Amything

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would someone mind writing a step by step guide for this?

I have gone so far as to be able to connect but not transfer. And whatever I do it keeps saying it can't find ftp.conf.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, wouldn't it be cool if you could send files from ds to ds (Locally)? is this implementation possible?

Nif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this supposed to work with the newer DSLites? I can only get "Searching for Access Point" messages. If not, is there anything I can do myself to get it going?
smile.gif
This app sounds really great.

rcxAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not that this helps.. but I also couldn't get past the "Searching for Access Point" message... same for the online portion of the homebrew game Tetattds. I set up my WiFi connection with Starfox, and could play on the Nintendo WiFi network with it..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?