DS Flash Cart with GBA emulator question?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by tguk611, Jan 20, 2013.

1. tguk611
    OP

tguk611 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2013
    United States
    I want to get a flash cart to play some old pokemon games with a gba emulator. The only one that looks any good though is the DSTwo. What I want to know is, can I transfer pokemon from the gba to the ds save files with the DSTwo or do I need a slot 2 cart for that. I read somewhere that the DSTwo has something called gba extend which would allow this but I'm not sure if I also need something like the EZ-flash IV or EZ Flash 3 in 1 expansion pack to do this. And if I can't do this I guess I'll have to get either the EZ Flash IV or the EZ Flash 3 in 1 expansion with my r4i. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Melodramatic fool

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The DSTwo has a built on CPU and RAM that allow GBA and SNES emulation through slot-1. So it doesn't need any slot-2 card to emulate GBA games. It isn't perfect, but it can play the Pokemon games about 99% perfectly (I haven't had any problems myself, but I heard some people have had problems before.)

Here are a few guides to help you a little better
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo.290190/
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/supercard-dstwo-gba-emulator-details.226964/

I am not sure about transferring Pokemon though since I never tried before. Most likely there is someone who does know on here who does know.

I suggest if you want a trusted site to buy from, to check out GBAtemp's official sponsor nds-card.com
    http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=135

3. tguk611
    OP

tguk611 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2013
    United States
    I know it's a slot 1 card but I'm confused about the gba extend which lets you transfer information from a gba.sav to a nds file. I'm not sure if you need a slot 2 card to do this or if it will do it all on the DSTwo. I also want to know if I can use the palpark to migrate my pokemon with just the DsTwo

4. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    From what I can remember, I don't believe that the DSTwo supported this, its been a while things might have changed since I last looked into this. The only flashcart that did support was the M3 i/Real where you could select the gba save file directly from the properties page before loading the ds rom.

5. tguk611
    OP

tguk611 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2013
    United States
    I heard the EZ Flash 3 in 1 could do it with pokepatch on the d/p games

6. RikuCrafter

RikuCrafter GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2011
    There's a WIP gba emulator in the homebrew bounty section which can run pokemon at full speed on most Slot-1s and is really good. Sound is iffy.

7. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    @tguk611
    that is correct.

@RikuCrafter
    Pointless to reference an emulator when all tguk611 wants to do is use palpark, something the emulator doesn't support.
    Another thing is you can't run a DS pokemon game and run the gba emulator at the same time.

8. tguk611
    OP

tguk611 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for all the help I guess I'll go and place an order for a 3 in 1. I was thinking of placing the order on realhotstuff unless someone knows a cheaper place to order from.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice