DS Flash Cart with GBA emulator question?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by tguk611, Jan 20, 2013.

Jan 20, 2013
  1. tguk611
    OP

Newcomer tguk611 Newbie

United States
    I want to get a flash cart to play some old pokemon games with a gba emulator. The only one that looks any good though is the DSTwo. What I want to know is, can I transfer pokemon from the gba to the ds save files with the DSTwo or do I need a slot 2 cart for that. I read somewhere that the DSTwo has something called gba extend which would allow this but I'm not sure if I also need something like the EZ-flash IV or EZ Flash 3 in 1 expansion pack to do this. And if I can't do this I guess I'll have to get either the EZ Flash IV or the EZ Flash 3 in 1 expansion with my r4i. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    The DSTwo has a built on CPU and RAM that allow GBA and SNES emulation through slot-1. So it doesn't need any slot-2 card to emulate GBA games. It isn't perfect, but it can play the Pokemon games about 99% perfectly (I haven't had any problems myself, but I heard some people have had problems before.)

Here are a few guides to help you a little better
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo.290190/
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/supercard-dstwo-gba-emulator-details.226964/

I am not sure about transferring Pokemon though since I never tried before. Most likely there is someone who does know on here who does know.

I suggest if you want a trusted site to buy from, to check out GBAtemp's official sponsor nds-card.com
    http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=135

3. tguk611
    OP

Newcomer tguk611 Newbie

United States
    I know it's a slot 1 card but I'm confused about the gba extend which lets you transfer information from a gba.sav to a nds file. I'm not sure if you need a slot 2 card to do this or if it will do it all on the DSTwo. I also want to know if I can use the palpark to migrate my pokemon with just the DsTwo

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    From what I can remember, I don't believe that the DSTwo supported this, its been a while things might have changed since I last looked into this. The only flashcart that did support was the M3 i/Real where you could select the gba save file directly from the properties page before loading the ds rom.

5. tguk611
    OP

Newcomer tguk611 Newbie

United States
    I heard the EZ Flash 3 in 1 could do it with pokepatch on the d/p games

6. RikuCrafter

Member RikuCrafter GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    There's a WIP gba emulator in the homebrew bounty section which can run pokemon at full speed on most Slot-1s and is really good. Sound is iffy.

7. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    @tguk611
    that is correct.

@RikuCrafter
    Pointless to reference an emulator when all tguk611 wants to do is use palpark, something the emulator doesn't support.
    Another thing is you can't run a DS pokemon game and run the gba emulator at the same time.

8. tguk611
    OP

Newcomer tguk611 Newbie

United States
    Thanks for all the help I guess I'll go and place an order for a 3 in 1. I was thinking of placing the order on realhotstuff unless someone knows a cheaper place to order from.