DS #DSi 0131: Pokémon White Version (USA)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LinkX9 said:
to YayMii: I see. What about for example time? Is it AM/PM or is it like that 2100 hours thing?
IGN's review shows it as 24h, people with the legit game are reporting that the game is 24h (and that GameFreak forgot to put in the ESRB message that they put in all the other Pokémon games UN-RETRACTED). So it seems that so far, there aren't any visible differences between the EU version and the US version. It's just laziness on the developer's part IMO.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn Nintendo, you lazy asses.

But thank for clarifying that shadow theory
smile.gif
!

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slyakin said:
Well, you can't really call it laziness. The DS clock is 24hours too.
tongue.gif
You can, since the Japanese version already had the AM/PM clock. They removed it in the European version since they don't use AM/PM, but they didn't bother putting it back for the North American version.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
YayMii said:
Slyakin said:
Well, you can't really call it laziness. The DS clock is 24hours too.
tongue.gif
You can, since the Japanese version already had the AM/PM clock. They removed it in the European version since they don't use AM/PM, but they didn't bother putting it back for the North American version.

Partially the reason why I'm going to study my Japanese more - so I don't have to put up with the english translations and content alteration
tongue.gif
That means I need to relearn all the pokemon and move names though...

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I really don't get the reason to complain about the game using 24hour clock?
I'm pretty much complaining that the EU version has no visible differences to the US version, even moreso since neither have region-coding in their header data.

pleanbean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its less of a complaint and more of a way to distinguish between the European and US versions of the game...

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it's a good thing to know what time it is when playing.

Though they were lazy when they just didn't put it there.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
YayMii said:
I'm pretty much complaining that the EU version has no visible differences to the US version, even moreso since neither have region-coding in their header data.
It never really has, outside of some of the differently spelled words, like Color to Colour. Although this is the first time the European version ever came out before the US version.

rerp

Trophies
XP
Country

I think it's because implementing the 12hr clock was a such a simple task and people are pissed that Nintendo skipped it because they are probably too lazy to.

Or it could just be that the people are pissed that they didn't play the (E) version, waited for the (U) one, only to find out that there are so little differences.
unsure.gif

Chicken0895

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I"m not aloud to ask for a link, and people aren't allowed to post a link, then how the hell do we know where to download these? Everyone seems to know except me.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chicken0895 said:
If I"m not aloud to ask for a link, and people aren't allowed to post a link, then how the hell do we know where to download these? Everyone seems to know except me.
See the file name on the first post?

Use Google.

Chicken0895

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Chicken0895 said:

Use Google.

O_0 I feel so stupid. I did google it, found the first two results to be this site, and stoped reading. Little did I know one of the other results was the download page.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Edit: I does not work. I did the ap patch and I tried using the emulator Desume 0.8.7. It is stuck on a loop, everytime I press new game, it loops back to the start screen. I feel like such a noob. What should I do?

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didnt see any differences in the clocks they used in both (U) and (E), so i guess the main difference between them would be the servers the games connect to? I overheard US as a server and then EU has a server, that could be the difference. And its more confusing since they share the same game ID, ugh!

Just a quick reminder to me if you could tell me, does the clocks in the USA version have am/pm?

Chicken0895

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chicken0895 said:
_Chaz_ said:
Chicken0895 said:

Use Google.

O_0 I feel so stupid. I did google it, found the first two results to be this site, and stoped reading. Little did I know one of the other results was the download page.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Edit: I does not work. I did the ap patch and I tried using the emulator Desume 0.8.7. It is stuck on a loop, everytime I press new game, it loops back to the start screen. I feel like such a noob. What should I do?

Sorry, I really should have looked more than two seconds. What should I do about the looping?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!