DS #DSi 0130: Pokémon Black Version (USA)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
brandonspikes said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/03/06/pokem...te-video-review

When he shows the C-gear, it shows 24 h mode, There is no AM/PM.

I dont think Nintendo would send IGN a Eur copy of the game
It's just laziness on Nintendo's/GameFreak's part. The Japanese version has AM/PM, and since North America also uses AM/PM, it's like they just released the EU version here.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Officer Delibird said:
any ap on r4 with wood? also will the save work with the E rom?
It should work with the r4. Though I don't think e saves will work with usa roms (You could use pokesav though.)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sheaperd121 said:
Officer Delibird said:
It should work with the r4. Though I don't think e saves will work with usa roms (You could use pokesav though.)
The EU version's save is recognized as a US save (by Pokesav at least), so there shouldn't be any issues.
You probably wouldn't even have the issues you would've gotten from transferring from JP to EU/US, since the EU and US ROMs are only slightly different.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Sheaperd121 said:
Officer Delibird said:
The EU version's save is recognized as a US save (by Pokesav at least), so there shouldn't be any issues.
You probably wouldn't even have the issues you would've gotten from transferring from JP to EU/US, since the EU and US ROMs are only slightly different.
Well, I've never tried using different region saves. I thought since they come from different regions, the save wouldn't work.

Thanks for explaining.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Wait, wait guys, what if this is the EU rom?
You know right now you could uselessly be transferring your save from your old EU game to this..
Who can test whether its NA or not? (Not that I intend on downloading it, I'm buying one
tongue.gif
)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TheTwoR's said:
Who can test whether its NA or not? (Not that I intend on downloading it, I'm buying one
tongue.gif
)
The only way to tell so far is checking the CRC. If it doesn't match a clean EU ROM or an AP-patched EU ROM, then it's probably a NA ROM.

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
TheTwoR's said:
tongue.gif
)
The only way to tell so far is checking the CRC. If it doesn't match a clean EU ROM or an AP-patched EU ROM, then it's probably a NA ROM.
It doesn't match either version of the E ROM, but it does match the CRC someone who dumped their actual Black cart got on another forum (which I can't name or link here because they allow linking ROMs.)

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
So is there any real reason to switch to the USA version if you already have the European one? Unless you are a perfectionist or something...
unsure.gif

I know the saves should be compatible, but still.

pleanbean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Presto99 said:
So is there any real reason to switch to the USA version if you already have the European one? Unless you are a perfectionist or something...
unsure.gif

I know the saves should be compatible, but still.
Yes, in terms of region-specific events.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Anyway guys, just wait for other dumps.
Ones that are confirmed to be American and confirmed to have the DSi data on 'em too.
tongue.gif

Or just buy the game
yaynds.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
altorn said:
i bought the game yesterday after surprisingly "LINING UP". i was like "WTF so this is what Pokemon games launch days are like".
I bought Diamond on launch day, and there was barely any line. The people behind me were 2 moms talking about how they enjoyed FireRed/LeafGreen.
I had to exchange a defective DJ Hero 2 turntable at Gamestop on B/W launch day, and I noticed a few 20+ year olds too shy to actually say they wanted Pokémon. There were a few that were just pointing at the games on the shelves with their chins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo