DS #DSi 0130: Pokémon Black Version (USA)

Dragoon709

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I thought these were region locked for the Liberty Passes. Meaning that if you had the European release you would not be able to get the Liberty Pass until they were available in the European market after the 9th. I have the Polesmokers release and was able to get my Liberty Passes for both games as of the 6th.

kms2061

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same as with Pokemon White, this dump is the same bit-for-bit to SweeTnDs's eur dump, except 0x200-0xFFF (DSi data) is nuked. The game might be region-neutral since its ID is IRBO (the last letter indicating region) and O is not a documented region. Also, the credits include both NoA and NoE staff. So unless a new dump with a different ID comes up, I'd just stick with STD's eur dump.

r3gR3t

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dragoon709 said:
I thought these were region locked for the Liberty Passes. Meaning that if you had the European release you would not be able to get the Liberty Pass until they were available in the European market after the 9th. I have the Polesmokers release and was able to get my Liberty Passes for both games as of the 6th.
Dude, the games came out in Europe the 4th... So the LP event has been out for (E) ROMS ever since. The games came out on NA on the 6th.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
kms2061 said:
Same as with Pokemon White, this dump is the same bit-for-bit to SweeTnDs's eur dump, except 0x200-0xFFF (DSi data) is nuked. The game might be region-neutral since its ID is IRBO (the last letter indicating region) and O is not a documented region. Also, the credits include both NoA and NoE staff. So unless a new dump with a different ID comes up, I'd just stick with STD's eur dump.
If they're the same would it matter which dump anyone plays whether it be Pole Smokers or STD's?

When I compared both files in one of my NDS tools their CRC32 values (The EUR version and USA version) were different BUT Pole Smoker's (U) had the same CRC32 values as a someone else's USA dump on another forum... Does this mean anything?

Btw, A fix for the (E) and other versions of Pokemon White was made that allows for resets (because usually it would reset to white screens) on YSMenu 6.53. While loading what I'm thinking is Pokemon White (U), the reset & white screens still persists. If the (E) and (U) were the same wouldn't this have not happened?
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd just like to know if this is true CONSIDERING the information I have. People have already claimed that the (U) and (E) are pretty much the same and a Region-Free game.

kms2061

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
kms2061 said:
If they're the same would it matter which dump anyone plays whether it be Pole Smokers or STD's?

When I compared both files in one of my NDS tools their CRC32 values (The EUR version and USA version) were different BUT Pole Smoker's (U) had the same CRC32 values as a someone else's USA dump on another forum... Does this mean anything?

Btw, A fix for the (E) and other versions of Pokemon White was made that allows for resets (because usually it would reset to white screens) on YSMenu 6.53. While loading what I'm thinking is Pokemon White (U), the reset & white screens still persists. If the (E) and (U) were the same wouldn't this have not happened?
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd just like to know if this is true CONSIDERING the information I have. People have already claimed that the (U) and (E) are pretty much the same and a Region-Free game.

The difference between PoleSmokers' and STD's dumps is that PoleSmokers' is missing data from 0x200 to 0xFFF (filled with nulls), which, as I understand, is the DSi-specific initialization area. So DSi specific features of the game, such as Xtranceiver, will not work even with a flashcart that supports DSi mode (AFAIK only CycloDS currently supports it). If you take STD's dump, nullify that area, and compare it to PoleSmokers', you'll get equal CRCs.
The fact that this data is missing might also affect the behavior of some patches. So, PoleSmokers' is a somewhat incomplete dump, but otherwise identical to STD's. Dumping that DSi-specific area correctly most likely requires a different procedure, which is why some dumps miss it.
The fact that PoleSmokers' dump is identical to another dump from a rom purchased in the USA would prove that the game really is region-free though (and that that dump is also missing the DSi-init area).

kms2061

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the main difference is the absence of DSi data. You won't be able to use any of the game's DSi-exclusive features without it. The game simply won't boot into DSi mode even on a flashcart that supports it. But patch compatibility is also a good reason since some patchers refuse to work if the target rom's CRC doesn't match.

Cricketer09

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the exact same problem with my AK2i. It's updated to 1.8.6a and I formatted my USB, had soft reset off, and I put "AP enabled" just for Pokemon Black.. still stuck on the loading screen *sigh*

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
can somebody tell me the features Nintendo limits to you if you pirate it?

so far

1. all IR Functions don't work (obviously)
2. Game Sync Doesn't work / Neither does GAME SYNC SETTINGS in the start menu (freezes with creating data)
3. the Wireless Entralink doesn't work either (or I'm doing something wrong)

it detected my brothers C-Gear...but coulden't do much but "chat or thank"

D

Deleted-236924

stanleyopar2000 said:

You're doing something wrong.
One of you have to be in Entralink while the other stays in the main overworld with c-gear turned on.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Im in the Entralink world and my brother is in route 3 in the real game

I still can't find him and i'm getting 0 bars on the signal diagram in the top right hand corner

EDIT - my brother has the patched ROM on the Supercard DSONEi

I have the clean ROM on AKAIO (newest version)

EDIT 2 - I think I got it

I figured it out on yahoo answers.

You both need to be in area near the diamond circling around Entralink

this means you first need to get to

Nimbasa City

THEN.

Driftveil City

OR Mistralon City

OR

Icirrus City

OR

Opelucid City

OR

Lacunosa Town

OR Undella Town

OR..*sigh*

White Forrest / Black City.

WHEW.

If you're not in one of these towns when you use Entralink. It won't work.

My brother is still on Route 3 and i'm in Castelia City

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stanleyopar2000 said:

so far

2. Game Sync Doesn't work / Neither does GAME SYNC SETTINGS in the start menu (freezes with creating data)

what IR features?

also can I transfer my Japanese save to the English version? and if so how do I do it. just change the filename?

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DarkFocus said:
stanleyopar2000 said:

so far

what IR features?

also can I transfer my Japanese save to the English version? and if so how do I do it. just change the filename?

BATTLE, TRADE, FEELING CHECK, FRIEND CODE.

the IR is built into the actual game cartridge...so it's not going to work.

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stanleyopar2000 said:
DarkFocus said:
stanleyopar2000 said:

so far

what IR features?

BATTLE, TRADE, FEELING CHECK, FRIEND CODE.

the IR is built into the actual game cartridge...so it's not going to work.

I've already done all those things though they work fine.....any IR specific features? why do they even have IR?

also can someone please answer my question about the saves?

D

Deleted-236924

How do you do Feeling Check without IR?
I don't remember seeing an option for it in the Union Room.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RupeeClock said:
Pingouin7 said:
You don't.
What he said. You want the IR features, buy the game

D

Deleted-236924

A Gay Little Catboy said:
RupeeClock said:
Pingouin7 said:
You don't.
What he said. You want the IR features, buy the game
I was actually replying to that other person who said he "used all those things even though there was no IR."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1