Hacking DS & DS Lite Overclocked x1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
What would happen if you went online with that thing??
blink.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's a fake:

similar thread

Qrayzie says so
lecture.gif

On the other hand, this might be real. There was a GBA overclocking mod, enabling it to run at 1.7 times original speed. Useful for homebrew, and extremely slow games.

("Hot wheels - Stunt track challenge" might as well be sped up to 5 times the speed, and it would still be too slow
dry.gif
)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't know. Ask Qrayzie. He is the Mod. Heed the word of the Mod. For he is all-knowing.

(In other words, p.m. him and ask him that.)

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Notice how *fast* his hands move when flicking the switch? Notice how the hands actually look more like stop-motion animation rather than real movement? Heck, notice the artifacts on the screen moving faster in 'overclock' mode? Now how on Earth would the artifacts introduced while recording the video move faster? That's some 'overclock'!

Anyone can record a video while moving their hands really slow, and then speed it up to make everything look like it's going faster. The performance of Mario Kart alone makes the 'overclock' very skeptical. Anyone who has ever really overclocked anything would be raising an eyebrow as to how everything stays remarkably in-sync without a single timing issue.

Furre managed to overclock the DS authentically quite some time ago, but when going online, the clock gets reset to it's normal value. This particular video is highly suspect, and careful examination brings up way too many questions for me to be comfortable.

I don't want to sound like/act like a jerk, but I'm locking the topic because I wouldn't want someone to simply believe this to be true and ruin their DS Lite. If someone here actually manages to do it, I'll eat my hat and re-open for discussion, but there's just no way that video is an authentic recording of an authentic overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is