moonprince67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya guys.
I am wondering if there is any ds homebrew similar to the psp's RemoteJoy.
This homebrew application basically lets you play your psp in a window on your pc screen.

I've been looking for a while but couldn't find anything like this, would help plenty recording game reviews and/or LPs since ds emulation can be unforgiving.
I am pretty sure this doesn't exist yet but thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
I don't think that is possible because that would need to be able to use two .nds files maybe...and it's not possible to do that.
Yes it is. Load the app, then select the game. Kinda like DScovered.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
Yes it is. Load the app, then select the game. Kinda like DScovered.
Loading a game is different from having two processes going on at the same time. DSCovered passes onto the loader and the loader loads the game. After that it's just as if you were playing it via ysmenu or another firmware. There was a thread similar to this one some while back and it was answered the same way, you can't have two .nds files running at the same time (or some answer similar to that).

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don´t know if there allready is some homebrew that does this, but it should be possible to some extend if you are using the DS as a remote controler for an emulator licke no$gba.
I know there is some homebrew that makes your DS into a remote control for the PC but I don´t know if you could use that to handle the emu, but it should be possible.
I know thats not exactly what you asked for, but its the closest possible I can think of right now.

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wouldn't it be like a real time menu? That is able to run in the background whilst you play a game, so it must be kinda possible, although I guess there's a limit to the size of the code you can run.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Matt140 said:
Wouldn't it be like a real time menu? That is able to run in the background whilst you play a game, so it must be kinda possible, although I guess there's a limit to the size of the code you can run.
Yeah, this is exactly right.

On the SCDS2, the extra RAM and processor on the card may make it possible to have a screenshot app in there, but on other cards, in-game menu is limited AFAIK, enabling/disabling cheats and RTS is about it.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ALL OF YOU ARE GIVING HIM BULLSHIT AGAIN
frown.gif

yes you can use a ds as a controller (instructions below)

First, get all the files.
PPjoy, DSpad0.2b, and DS2key.
Ok, let's start.

1. Install all the files in their proper places.
PPjoy- PC
DS2Key-PC
DSPad- DS (Be sure to apply DLDI)

Once you've installed them all, make DSPad on your DS. Don't connect just yet.

2. Go to your router's firewall settings, and look for something that allows programs through it.
Set it as these settings:
Name: DSPad02
And set the ports to: 8888

3. Now, open command prompt, and enter ipconfig, you should get a bunch of mumbo jumbo, look at the top for your IP address, it looks like:
IPv4 Address . . . . . . . . . :
Keep it open.

4. Go to your DSpad on your DS and go to the computer icon, then to the computer with the plug, now, enter 9501 on the local port and the server point.
And enter your IP address where it says server IP.

The port may not work, if it doesn't, go to the DS2Key and run it. It'll say which port is open, what the number says is what you put for the port on your DS.

5. Now, You must click ok! Click it whenever you see the "OK" button. Once your at the main menu, click the bottom right hand icon, this saves the settings you just entered. If it isn't highlighted, you didn't click the OK buttons!

6. Now, run DS2Key, it'll run in a command prompt. Now, go to your to the settings again, and click the middle icon, and set it to DS2Key compatibility mode. Be sure to save your settings!

7. Now, click that beautiful controller on the main menu. Click player 1, let it load. Now, once it loads, on the command prompt, you should see it recognizing your DS as a input device!!!

Congrats you have you just connected you DS as a controller.

n.b now you can use the ds as a controller (if using a emu for the larger screen refer to ds2key for the correct controlls. or down here

A=a
B=b
X=*

* well you get the idea...

smile.gif

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moonprince67 said:
Heya guys.
This homebrew application basically lets you play your psp in a window on your pc screen.

I've been looking for a while but couldn't find anything like this, would help plenty recording game reviews and/or LPs since ds emulation can be unforgiving.
biggrin.gif
QUOTE(Dter ic @ Aug 29 2010, 03:24 AM) ALL OF YOU ARE GIVING HIM BULLSHIT AGAIN
frown.gif

Ok, let's start.

PPjoy- PC
DS2Key-PC

2. Go to your router's firewall settings, and look for something that allows programs through it.

3. Now, open command prompt, and enter ipconfig, you should get a bunch of mumbo jumbo, look at the top for your IP address, it looks like:
Keep it open.

4. Go to your DSpad on your DS and go to the computer icon, then to the computer with the plug, now, enter 9501 on the local port and the server point.

The port may not work, if it doesn't, go to the DS2Key and run it. It'll say which port is open, what the number says is what you put for the port on your DS.

5. Now, You must click ok! Click it whenever you see the "OK" button. Once your at the main menu, click the bottom right hand icon, this saves the settings you just entered. If it isn't highlighted, you didn't click the OK buttons!

6. Now, run DS2Key, it'll run in a command prompt. Now, go to your to the settings again, and click the middle icon, and set it to DS2Key compatibility mode. Be sure to save your settings!

7. Now, click that beautiful controller on the main menu. Click player 1, let it load. Now, once it loads, on the command prompt, you should see it recognizing your DS as a input device!!!

n.b now you can use the ds as a controller (if using a emu for the larger screen refer to ds2key for the correct controlls. or down here

A=a
B=b
X=*

smile.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
moonprince67 said:
Heya guys.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Dter ic @ Aug 28 2010, 06:24 PM) ALL OF YOU ARE GIVING HIM BULLSHIT AGAIN
frown.gif

Ok, let's start.

PPjoy- PC
DS2Key-PC

Keep it open.

A=a
B=b
X=*

smile.gif

Clearly he wasn't asking for DS emulation on computer, that is slow on most computers AFAIK. What he wants is to display the output FROM THE DS on the PC, not to control the PC with the DS.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
SifJar said:
moonprince67 said:
Heya guys.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Dter ic @ Aug 28 2010, 06:24 PM) ALL OF YOU ARE GIVING HIM BULLSHIT AGAIN
frown.gif

Ok, let's start.

PPjoy- PC
DS2Key-PC

Keep it open.

A=a
B=b
X=*

smile.gif

Clearly he wasn't asking for DS emulation on computer, that is slow on most computers AFAIK. What he wants is to display the output FROM THE DS on the PC, not to control the PC with the DS.

really?? i don't know but sill at least you get to play gakmes on the big screen
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ @Psionic Roshambo