DS crashes after some minutes playing

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Special2k, Feb 10, 2007.

Feb 10, 2007
  1. Special2k
    OP

Newcomer Special2k Member

Germany
    Hello,

we have a Nintendo DS light for 2 weeks now. We use a M3 Simply with a 1gb Micro SD Card.
    In the first week, everything works finde. But about one week, the DS crashes after playing for some minutes. This happens with every game.
    Sometimes we can't power on the DS. When we try to power on, the green light appears but not as lightful as usual. The screen keeps black. We need to power on 4 or 5 more times and then the DS starts.
    We tried it with an original Nintendo game. With this one, we can play longer, but it also crashes sometimes.
    So we don't know where to search for the error. Should we change the DS in our store with a new one? Or should we change the M3 Simply with a new one?
    EDIT: I've already formatet the SD Card. But it was the same result.

Special2

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    It if happened with a real cart, it seems to be something to do with the battery. Does it turn on all the time while plugged in?

3. Special2k
    OP

Germany
    It is no different between plugged and unplugged playing. The problem is the same.

Spexial2k

4. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    i think you slot 1 slot is broke. take it back and get a replacement. dont say anything about your m3 simply. just tell them no matter what nds game you put in it crashes.

5. Special2k
    OP

Germany
    Because of the fact that the original game has less crashes than the M3 simply, i've ordered a new MicroSD Card from Kingston. I use a no name card at the moment.
    If the problem still exists with the new SD card, it's easy to replace the NDS or the M3 Simply because of the garanty.
    And of course i don't tell the shop something about the M3 Simply [​IMG]

Special2K

6. mikeosoft

Member mikeosoft GBAtemp Regular

United States
    does the same symptoms occur with a retail game in the slot??

try taking out any cart in the slot and leaving the DS on the boot menu and just watch it if the same symptoms occur despite no cart in the slot then youve narrowed the problem down to not including the slot. I'd file a claim with nintendo asap expecially since your purchase was relativly recent.

7. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Stop right there, the original game should have *no* crashes. At all. This implies there's something wrong with your DS. If it's under warranty swap it.

8. Special2k
    OP

Germany
    I'll swap the DS too. I have to wait till tomorrow to call nintendo.

Special2k

9. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Yes that would be a good idea. It was unlikely in the first place for a genuine cart to crash without reason. (I'm guessing you've tried different carts too) As somebody said above, does it crash in the DS menu/pictochat/etc?