ds cart queries

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mercluke, Sep 16, 2008.

Sep 16, 2008

ds cart queries by mercluke at 2:33 AM (1,000 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. mercluke
    OP

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    i know i'm about to get at least one reply saying "google is your freind", but if you keep it to a minimum then i'd appreciate it.
    i decided to buy another ds as i sold my one ages ago and have missed it ever since, what i want to know is which flash card/cart to buy.
    i have searched google briefly and can only find out of date reveiws, so i was wondering if anyone here would help me decide what to get, here are my choices:

-Slot 1
    SCDS1 (SDHC) - $25.90US
    DSTT/TTDS - $12.33US
    Itouch - $17.42US
    EZV+ - $17.50US
    Edge - $23.59US
    AK2 - $28.81US

-Slot 2
    EZ4 - $30.90US
    SC - $18.30US

if you could also suply reasons for why you would choose them, then that would be awesome. (although you could just flame me, it's up to you)

2. Bamboo

Member Bamboo GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    yahoo is you friend

3. mercluke
    OP

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    ???

gee, thanks for that amazingly helpful comment. i hope you continue to post many more.

4. jesuschristmonke

Member jesuschristmonke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    gbatemp search is your friend

5. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Guys, stay on topic here, this isn't testing area.

6. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    There are reviews on this site too. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=8 and there is also a search function as well as relevant forums for most of the flashcarts you've listed.
    As for the Slot 2 card, I think the best option would be to just go with a EZflash 3in1 instead to be used in conjunction with whatever Slot 1 card you've chosen.

7. TheSpade

Member TheSpade GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm seeing a few cards NOT listed on your possible to-buy list:

M3 DS Real
    CycloDS

Have you omitted these due to pricing, or are you not aware that these are likely the better cards amongst the slot-1 flash card pool (arguably along with AceKard2)? I agree with Orc's viewpoint, that the EZ Flash 3-in-1 is the best slot-2 item to get, unless you go with M3 DS Real. In that case, go for their GBA Expansion.

Personally, the CycloDS + EZ Flash 3-in-1 would be my present recommendation. It's not the cheapest combo (about 75 plus shipping from RealHotStuff), but it is considered one of the best.

8. mercluke
    OP

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    cyclo ds isn't available at dx and i'd prefer not get an m3 as the prices seem a bit of a jip

9. TheSpade

Member TheSpade GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    DealExtreme is not the only shop on the web. Limiting yourself solely to what one reseller carries, as I'm sure some may agree with me, may limit your enjoyment. I'm not saying you are to avoid them and go with RealHotStuff, DealWoot or another reputable shop. I'm just giving you some sound advice to explore all of your options rather than what one store has on their shelves.

As for believing that M3 is a "jip", I couldn't disagree more. GBAlpha, the makers of the M3 and G6 product lines, have been delivering succesful products for the past few years. The Real is indeed quite good. Pain in the ass to skin though. [​IMG]

10. BurlyEd

Member BurlyEd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Have you read the reviews at?:
    DS Database Flashcard Reviews
    My personal preferences are EDGE for $50 for Cyclo.
    But I can understand why someone else would prefer a SCDS1.
    A $12 DSTT is outstanding for the price - if it survives DSTTs klonekiller program.

edit:
    EZflash 3in1 for slot 2 regardless of which slot 1 card you pick.

Observation: There are many times more stupid answers (and non-answers) than stupid questions on GBATemp.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    I would recommend the Acekard 2, as it has the best features of all the 'cheaper' cards - in fact it has several things (AFAIK) that the cyclo doesn't have.

The main reason not to get one is if you want real time save - in which case you have to spend more money.