OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've looked into Okiwi and it doesn't seem to work for me. I also tried the one in DSOrganize but I don't like it very much, as it is just text. And I can't use Hobro because I use a Mac (though if I am wrong please tell me). As for Opera, I'd need a RAM extension, so I don't know that I want to go that route just yet.

Are there any other browsers I have missed that I should try out?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's Bunjalloo but it's mostly text-only as well. Like DSO, if you click on an image it will show it, but the overall page layout leaves them hidden.

The Opera browser would be your main choice from what I can tell.

Godot0102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try ds browser 0.8. You can also try DS linux too.

I use Opera with my 3 in 1, it gets pretty slow after awhile , then it freezes ( the gba cart has a 8mb rom written on it, might go longer without the rom there). Its probably much faster on a fat ds, since it uses the ds memory instead of slow gba ram.

Might be faster if you can use a slot-2 microsd cart instead of gba ram, I'm not sure.

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried DS Browser 0.8 and was pretty disappointed with its speed. It absolutely crawled. I have a slot-1 expansion card also.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Godot0102 said:
Try ds browser 0.8. You can also try DS linux too.

I use Opera with my 3 in 1, it gets pretty slow after awhile , then it freezes ( the gba cart has a 8mb rom written on it, might go longer without the rom there). Its probably much faster on a fat ds, since it uses the ds memory instead of slow gba ram.

Might be faster if you can use a slot-2 microsd cart instead of gba ram, I'm not sure.

I'm running the opera browser with a 3-in-1 on a Fat, and it crawls as well. There are no good browsers for the ds as of YET.

There are just less-shitty browsers
smile.gif

(not dissing peoples work, they just still have a long way... not like the DS is an astounding piece of hardware... i dunno if ANY browser would really work well on the ds... but we'll see
smile.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bottleneck isn't the RAM speed, it's the DS's CPU power. Regardless, with the Opera Browser I usually turn images off and only enable them when needed, which helps speed up browsing quite a bit. Also, SSR mode is usually faster than overview mode.

Retawq and Links in DSLinux are good options if you can wrap your mind around their text-only nature. Retawq is blazing fast while Links is more accurate in the page layout but is a bit slower. Both require slot-2 RAM though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gallium Arsenic Nitride :P lol