Hacking DS broke, have to degrade and play GBA SP now :( best flashcard?

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have been a proud ds owner fitted with a cycloDS, but my dad broke my ds (banged it on the dresser because i was playing it too much) i have a gba sp he doesnt know about but all i have are games i already played, so i need a good flashcard for it, prefferably one i can put in my DS, too when it gets fixed. was looking at the m3 perfect, want the "lite" version cause all i have are microSD cards, not miniSD cards. (yes, i have a 2gb one i can use)

http://www.ishopvideogame.com/m3-perfect-l...key-p-1610.html

this one is intended for the ds' slot-2 but i heard you can fit it in the SP although it might not fit snug. how do i do that? or should i just find a m3 perfect mini-sd? will the mini-sd work on the DS, too? thanks

i need all the info a gba flashcard owner would need! thanks!

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get a 2GB MicroSD with a MiniSD adapter for $7.79 shipped on eBay, so not that expensive. That way you can use it as a MiniSD, and later salvage it for MicroSD devices. You can also pick up just a micro>mini adapter for $1.99.

That M3 perfect is rather expensive though. Not that it isn't worth it for the features, but you could always pick up an EZ-Flash IV and a 3-in-1 expansion for the lite for $43 instead? The only thing you'll be missing out on is the real time clock, but as a bonus you'll get rumble and expansion RAM for the NDS.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I used my 3in1 with my SP. Had to cut the SP apart.
tongue.gif

WShep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mini-SD M3 Perfect runs just fine on my DS Lite and my SP. The real time clock is rather nice since there are quite a few games out there that seem to need it. And as noted above, the adapter from micro to mini is reasonably priced.

I tried out a couple others like the Supercard and none of them were as easy to use as the M3 Perfect.
gbasp.gif

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, but the m3 perfect mini-sd is more expensive ($75) than the lite ($65). so i would rather go for that since its cheaper. do i need to buy anything else for the lite in order for it to work on the SP? they say it needs a gba shell casing? how much is it? where can i buy it? how do i install it?

i can use ez flash 3in1 in the SP? can you tell me how?

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asdf said:

The EZFlash IV is probably your best bet right now, the M3 Perfect isn't made anymore and can be quite difficult to find........scammer sites notwithstanding.

The only thing the EZFlash IV is missing compared to the M3 Perfect is the real-time-clock. It's really a shame the M3 team doesn't feel it's necessary to continue producing M3 Perfects, I have one and it is the most excellent GBA flashcart I have used.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
miketh2005 said:
that they are making ez flash 3in1s that fit in gba systems, too. are they out? where can i find it?
They are around, but you need a DS to write to and change games on a 3-in-1 so I don't think it suits your needs.

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asdf said:
miketh2005 said:
oh, i found the mini-sd version thats the same price
smile.gif

http://www.modchipstore.com/NDS-Nintendo-M...i-SD-16374.html

but i still wanna know how much a GBA shell casing for the m3 lite would be?

also i still wanna kno if i can fit 3in1 into my SP, ty
No no no no no. Don't buy from Modchipstore, they rip you off.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ModChipStore

thanks, but thats the only place that "sells" it
frown.gif
so i have to resort to ez flash?

i guess ill get the ez flash IV then. dealextreme is the best deal, right? 25 bucks?

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
miketh2005 said:
thanks, but thats the only place that "sells" it
frown.gif
so i have to resort to ez flash?

i guess ill get the ez flash IV then. dealextreme is the best deal, right? 25 bucks?

Ah, c'mon now, the EZ-Flash IV isn't a bad cart. If you want a bad cart, you can get a generic 128 megabit parallel port cart from Dealextreme for $8.41.

Dealextreme has the best price, but it ships via air mail from China, so it'll take a few weeks to arrive. You can order from a US seller and get it in a few days, but it will probably cost you almost twice as much.

novemberend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I bought EZ-FLASH 3 in 1 expansion pack from depot888.com for $20.45 & shipping fee US$7.50. It works fine, but delivered by mail, and spent 2 weeks to arrive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1