DS #5312: Poupee Girl DS 2 - Sweet Pink Style (Japan)

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh my god poupee girl!!!
yay.gif
waited soooo long for this.

..okay I have no idea what this game is about
rolleyes.gif
aaand I never heard of it also
nyanya.gif

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yosh93 said:
nando said:
lol, it think they meant "poupée" which would be pronounced completely different.
You're right. Poupée is french.
Is it Style Boutique 2 ?

No, but the games are similar. You don't sell clothes in this one, you interact with the other characters and come up with different outfits to get points that you can spend on new clothes (so there's actually an incentive to change your clothes all the time). Plus this game is all 2D, so the clothes are more detailed, but the characters don't have movements or expressions like Style Boutique.

And also this doesn't work on anything but the latest kernel for DSTT/YSMenu. No hex patches for R4/Wood yet.

blip_bleep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS1 said:
Yosh93 said:
nando said:
lol, it think they meant "poupée" which would be pronounced completely different.
Is it Style Boutique 2 ?

No, but the games are similar. You don't sell clothes in this one, you interact with the other characters and come up with different outfits to get points that you can spend on new clothes (so there's actually an incentive to change your clothes all the time). Plus this game is all 2D, so the clothes are more detailed, but the characters don't have movements or expressions like Style Boutique.

And also this doesn't work on anything but the latest kernel for DSTT/YSMenu. No hex patches for R4/Wood yet.

Works fine on CycloDS Evolution with 1.60.

Anyone wanting to look at the style of the 'dolls' and clothes can go to the website (http://pupe.ameba.jp/) for the original avatar community. In essence it's like playing with a paper doll in electronic form.

The game is pretty boring, though. The NPCs you meet say exactly the same thing every time you 'meet' them. It takes ages for enough decent clothes to show up in the shop to make dressing up the character interesting/fun. Changing outfits over and over is worse than grinding a dungeon, especially as the menu for the clothes is poorly designed. Every time you have to push the clothing type (e.g. 'inner') then the subtype (e.g. 'socks'), then choose the actual item. Then go all the way back and choose another clothing type. Oh, they don't match? Go back to first type again and choose something else. Terrible. There's no way to sort the clothing by another value (colour or style, for example), or to 'bookmark' favourite items for swift selection.

Probably tween girls would like it. And the disturbingly large community of middle-aged women who sink Farmville-grade amounts of time into the website.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blip_bleep said:
DS1 said:
Yosh93 said:
nando said:
Is it Style Boutique 2 ?

Works fine on CycloDS Evolution with 1.60.

Anyone wanting to look at the style of the 'dolls' and clothes can go to the website (http://pupe.ameba.jp/) for the original avatar community. In essence it's like playing with a paper doll in electronic form.

The game is pretty boring, though. The NPCs you meet say exactly the same thing every time you 'meet' them. It takes ages for enough decent clothes to show up in the shop to make dressing up the character interesting/fun. Changing outfits over and over is worse than grinding a dungeon, especially as the menu for the clothes is poorly designed. Every time you have to push the clothing type (e.g. 'inner') then the subtype (e.g. 'socks'), then choose the actual item. Then go all the way back and choose another clothing type. Oh, they don't match? Go back to first type again and choose something else. Terrible. There's no way to sort the clothing by another value (colour or style, for example), or to 'bookmark' favourite items for swift selection.

Probably tween girls would like it. And the disturbingly large community of middle-aged women who sink Farmville-grade amounts of time into the website.

Yeah that is all true, pretty much why I stopped playing the first one (changing outfits every day got annoying when you stopped getting new clothes). I wish they would have switched it up a bit.

t.bogard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess if AVGN review DS games, he will spare his entire life checking puppy shitty games on NDS.... like this one
biggrin.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
t.bogard said:
I guess if AVGN review DS games, he will spare his entire life checking puppy shitty games on NDS.... like this one
biggrin.gif

Stop complaining. No one's asking you to play it. You could have easily just said, "This game isn't for me".
rolleyes.gif

I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys dress up games or want to get games for their daughters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Ken looks like the one in my shower