DS #5131: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (USA)

WhiteX

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Regardless, i seriously wanted that game but living in Brazil and Having a DSTT...

Although it is pretty much the end of DSs lifecycle to consider buying another card

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
_Chaz_ said:
Game is alright.

Plays exactly like Web of Shadows.
Well it has the same engine and everything, so one would think it plays the same
unsure.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
_Chaz_ said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
_Chaz_ said:
Game is alright.

Plays exactly like Web of Shadows.
Well it has the same engine and everything, so one would think it plays the same
unsure.gif

?_?

???
???
?_??

I SAY!

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
m3rox said:
magicksun said:
Somebody know if works in wood?

Do you have wood? If so, try it.

THat's just.... wrong.
laugh.gif

@topic. hrr. hate side scrolling spidey games. or maybe i should give this a few more time?

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XXLANCEXX said:
just beat it today last boss was a bitch

How did you manage the last stretch of the final stage? I've tried everything to get over that purple wall.. Tried going back and doing some peter parkour but that did nothing for me (as soon as you hit the purple walls you stop running).

Nickel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
m3rox said:
XXLANCEXX said:

How did you manage the last stretch of the final stage? I've tried everything to get over that purple wall.. Tried going back and doing some peter parkour but that did nothing for me (as soon as you hit the purple walls you stop running).

Yes, I'm stuck on that bit too and would appreciate knowing how to get over the wall as Amazing Spider-Man as he cannot glide or stick to the purple walls.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I went ahead and restarted, this time with the difficulty of the combat set low. I found WoS to be the perfect challenge, but without the experience system, I just can't get into the combat as much. I'm enjoying myself more now. The combat is still fun, but it doesn't feel as dragged out. I think I see what they were going for, though, by removing the experience system. Now, it's more of a straight-on Metroid clone. Problem is, the enemy placement and pacing make it too easy to bypass most enemies, and again, there's often little reason to engage them. It's still a fun game, but WoS was absolutely better. I did end up finding the dodge-roll ability, so that's cool. To me, that really ties the combat together perfectly. I have to say, I absolutely freaking loathe the mini-game you have to play when changing dimensions. Talk about garbage! It's a frustrating waste of game space. The story, too, is absolute fodder. Spidey gets some decent lines, but the Madam Spider chick is terrible.

Verdict: I still kinda love the game. It's got the main elements of WoS I loved, so it gets a pass. But it's still disappointing. It feels more like the Wolverine game than WoS, which was also decent but not great.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nickel said:
m3rox said:
XXLANCEXX said:

Yes, I'm stuck on that bit too and would appreciate knowing how to get over the wall as Amazing Spider-Man as he cannot glide or stick to the purple walls.

I figured it out. You hang upside-down from the treadmill with your web (Zip up to the treadmill, then hold down and B to go down into the room with the purple wall), then swing and jump over the wall.

arsene_lupin_260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Played through Full arsenal mode with combat difficulty set high. Man, you can't even flinch those robots, and those machine gun & bazooka dudes in 2099 sections are just relentless... Dodging is not as responsive as in WoS, and the enhanced dodge (dodge roll) has been nerfed hard. You can't roll forward after the 2nd dodge to set up for a drill kick & air combo anymore, only after the 1st dodge that you can roll forward.
blink.gif

Attack patterns of enemies has been simplified, compare to WoS (well... all cannon fodders can interrupt you in the air like those pesky jumpers...) but now they have high hp, Spidey's inability to launch brutes up to set up an air combo, & unresponsive dodging controls has made the game quite harder...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...