Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
Where does one find the Japanese sites with the BDX or BBS files on them? I may be oblivious but somehow I can't seem to find them. I know I found plenty back when this was released in Japanese but I can't relocate them. :/

http://banbro.moero.info/up/index.php?page=1
Though most of our bdx files actually came from ndsbbs, which is a Chinese website that requires membership and acceptance to a group to download files from them. The person who provided us with ndsbbs packs vanished off the face of the earth though.

Anyway, Team Cyclops released a fix to their fix and now it works on the CycloDS! (It uses a 16 MB save)
And yes, you can do the Degausser trick with it.

Anyway, I found ANOTHER missing file, Mayday, which should be in the J-Pop folder, but it isn't...

Also, guys, remember, the pack depends on YOU all to expand it, so don't forget to send me songs you obtain that aren't in the pack, and please also try looking through the Variety and ndsbbs folders to see if there's anything you know.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks Rubedo
smile.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
Anyway, Team Cyclops released a fix to their fix and now it works on the CycloDS! (It uses a 16 MB save)

Umm...I've been toying with the game a bit today (with my Evo card). So, by degausser, you're referring to the song pack you've had circulating for while? It will work with this English version of the game?

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
Rubedo said:

Umm...I've been toying with the game a bit today (with my Evo card). So, by degausser, you're referring to the song pack you've had circulating for while? It will work with this English version of the game?

Degausser is one of the programs you can use to put songs into it.
It's probably easier for newbies to just use BDX Tool though.
Download the pack link in my signature, and read the readme.
And yes, it works.

FTommy

Trophies
Website
mmbnchronox.com
XP
Country
Hungary
umm you guys could suggest some songs that i could try turning into BSS cuz it's really hard to figure out what you like O___o

I'll try "The Middle" as well

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FTommy said:
umm you guys could suggest some songs that i could try turning into BSS cuz it's really hard to figure out what you like O___o

I'll try "The Middle" as well

I highly doubt you can get any favorable results, but I'll just throw some stuff out there.
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You (opening to Friends)
Phil Collins - Take Me Home
Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
Phil Collins - Sussudio
Genesis - Invisible Touch
Savage Garden - Truly, Madly, Deeply
Savage Garden - I Want You
Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You
Savage Garden - Crash and Burn
Savage Garden - The Animal Song
Earth, Wind and Fire - September
BeeGees - Stayin' Alive
The Killers - Mr. Brightside
Guns n' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine

FTommy

Trophies
Website
mmbnchronox.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Awkay guy i made a small bundle with 34 tracks in it,some of them are your requests Rubedo.
Some songs have their starting 1-2 second cut down somehow,i'm still figuring out how to fix that.
You'll notice that the names are mostly messed up since i used short names for testing them(Heck,there are a lot of midi versions of these songs) so you can all rename em with Rubedo's way.Just read above a bit.

The pack contains songs like:
Crush 40 - His world
BeeGees - Stayin Alive
Rick Astley - Never gonna...
Megaman 8 - Astroman
Iron Maiden - Trooper
MMZX - Area 2
Some Megaman battle network songs(Hey,i'm a fanatic..bear with it)
and others.i'll have a lot of time now that my summer started so i gonna expand the pack.
I hope you'll like at least some songs.i've put a lot effort in starting this project.
Thanks for your time,here's the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?numynyniewt

Sidenote: You might asking how to put them into the game,well in the same way you import BDX files,Degausser or BDXTool(I use this)

sugarspun58

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

Newbie to the site here, tho have been using it for a long while. First I would like to thank all of you on this site (and others) that have helped us skint DS owners get the best out of the console!!!!

Damn shame Jam with the Band doesn't work on the M3real yet, as I did try out and loved the Jap version but gave up because it confused me so much!!!! So I'll be keeping a eye out on what happens here.

As a side note, I gave my old M3 card (Am I right in saying this is just a rebranded R4 card????) to my old man. I can still get most games to work, but quite a few newer ones don't. From reading here, is it possible to load the WOOD firmware onto this card? (If this has been answered, I apologise, please point me in the right direction) Will this solve the problem with newer games? Also is the save format the same or will i have to convert them all?

Anyhow thanks for solving the Zelda - ST mystery for me (and a lot of my pals).

Going to finish of AW - Dual strike. Hope there is some movement for JwtB by the time I finished dark conflict!!!

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FTommy said:
Awkay guy i made a small bundle with 34 tracks in it,some of them are your requests Rubedo.
Some songs have their starting 1-2 second cut down somehow,i'm still figuring out how to fix that.
You'll notice that the names are mostly messed up since i used short names for testing them(Heck,there are a lot of midi versions of these songs) so you can all rename em with Rubedo's way.Just read above a bit.

The pack contains songs like:
Crush 40 - His world
BeeGees - Stayin Alive
Rick Astley - Never gonna...
Megaman 8 - Astroman
Iron Maiden - Trooper
MMZX - Area 2
Some Megaman battle network songs(Hey,i'm a fanatic..bear with it)
and others.i'll have a lot of time now that my summer started so i gonna expand the pack.
I hope you'll like at least some songs.i've put a lot effort in starting this project.
Thanks for your time,here's the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?numynyniewt

Sidenote: You might asking how to put them into the game,well in the same way you import BDX files,Degausser or BDXTool(I use this)

Why not try opening the midis in a midi sequencer and adding an extra blank line at the beginning and then making it a bbs?
I'll try some of these out shortly

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AND NOW A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD RUBEDO

When creating a BDX file, there are a few things one should keep in mind.
1. It is customary for the instrument used as the melody (the part with the lyrics) to be in the top left slot, and the part used as the backup melody to be in the top right slot.
2. It is customary for the drums to be in the bottom right slot. If you have multiple drums, they should go in the bottom left.
3. NES should never be used as a melody instrument because people simply don't sound like that. If you feel that you wish to use NES as a melody instrument, please reconsider your choice with perhaps a Synth instrument of some sort.

Thank you
smile.gif

Also, I submitted a review for the game to GameFAQs.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/945811-jam-with...s/review-141690
Plus I added the unlockables cheats.

Metroid Kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FTommy said:
Awesome work!You could try "Pain" or " The middle" form them

Great idea, those are two of their most upbeat songs- I think I'm going to do "Pain" or "Sweet Child of Mine" next.

QUOTE(Rubedo @ Jun 9 2010, 02:02 PM) AND NOW A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD RUBEDO

When creating a BDX file, there are a few things one should keep in mind.
1. It is customary for the instrument used as the melody (the part with the lyrics) to be in the top left slot, and the part used as the backup melody to be in the top right slot.
2. It is customary for the drums to be in the bottom right slot. If you have multiple drums, they should go in the bottom left.
3. NES should never be used as a melody instrument because people simply don't sound like that. If you feel that you wish to use NES as a melody instrument, please reconsider your choice with perhaps a Synth instrument of some sort.

Thank you
smile.gif

Also, I submitted a review for the game to GameFAQs.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/945811-jam-with...s/review-141690
Plus I added the unlockables cheats.

As far as the melody, I tried to switch the parts around, but JWTB wouldn't let me copy the guitar part so I had to keep it where it was :\

Metroid Kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Why not try opening the midis in a midi sequencer and adding an extra blank line at the beginning and then making it a bbs?

What do you mean? Is there a way to convert midis to bbs files? Because I've never been able to find one.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the JWTB Speaker Channel got dumped? The retail version of the game comes with a code to download it from the Wii Shop Channel.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Kirby said:
QUOTE said:

What do you mean? Is there a way to convert midis to bbs files? Because I've never been able to find one.

Yeah, we've been talking about it for the last few pages now >_>
But it sucks. There are a number of problems and everything it spits out just sounds bad.

Metroid Kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Now this program may not work well with existing midis, but I have midi composer software that I use quite often, and if I work within the parameters, this can make for a much easier experience than using the in-game composer.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.