Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LeMoonwalker said:
Rubedo said:
Apparently he got into contact with defeufeu as well, but defeufeu said that he doesn't have any spare time and most likely will not be working on any tools for JWTB.

Ok, thanks for the upload.
So I ran bdxsave, created a backup of my save, the problem is, it's 8MB, so I don't think there's anything I can do with it...
We'll have to wait for someone to create a tool allowing the backup of 32MB songs... But with the DS scene almost dying, it probably will never happen
frown.gif

But it successfully produced a 8MB JWTB save?
Try loading it into Degausser and see what happens.
Remember that everything past the first 8 MB is basically filler data.

LeMoonwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rubedo said:
But it successfully produced a 8MB JWTB save?
Well, I did get an 8MB file, but I just checked it with an hex editor, it's just "ÿ" repeated from start to finish. So I think it's just an empty save, as bdxsave didn't recognize any BBDX cart.

Oh well
frown.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this is just torture.
every time i find out a new way to import songs into my official cart something goes wrong.

now finally m3team fixed jwtb for touchpod, but they somehow break the loading of custom songs.

LeMoonwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thedicemaster said:
this is just torture.
every time i find out a new way to import songs into my official cart something goes wrong.

now finally m3team fixed jwtb for touchpod, but they somehow break the loading of custom songs.
I am in the exact same situation right now.
I was so happy that they finally fixed the game, but I can't even play the custom songs, let alone send them to my real cart...

That really sucks
closedeyes.gif

Asho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Who knows, maybe the existence of WarioWare DIY will eventually lead to some way to dump the save from a JWtB card.

Iwata asks for this game. And here I thought that they "forgot" about it.

Also, bdx maker RICKEY has made a program named "BBDX Score Viewer", which can load a bdx file and show just about everything in it, including the score, lyrics and even the tone settings for each part (the menu with attack, decay and so on). The downside is that it's written with Visual Studio 2010, so .NET Framework 4.0 is required.
If the file is gone, then look in the banbro uploader for a newer version.

LeMoonwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thedicemaster said:

I've been experimenting this morning, and it seems that it's not custom songs that don't work, just songs inserted with bdxtool, because the custom I created in-game appears and is playable.
So the problem must come from how bdxtool/degausser inserts the songs in the save... What's strange though is that they seemed to work fine with other flashcarts...
frown.gif

QUOTEAlso, bdx maker RICKEY has made a program named "BBDX Score Viewer", which can load a bdx file and show just about everything in it, including the score, lyrics and even the tone settings for each part (the menu with attack, decay and so on). The downside is that it's written with Visual Studio 2010, so .NET Framework 4.0 is required.
If the file is gone, then look in the banbro uploader for a newer version.

Thank you for that, this can be very useful !
smile.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rubedo said:
Wait, if you can import songs into an actual JWTB card... can't you find a way to export Wi-Fi songs?
no.
there's 1 way to transfer songs between an official cart, and a backup.
that is using the exchange feature for custom songs, but doing so requires the song to be imported succesfully under the "custom" section.
wi-fi songs are all stored under the "downloaded" section.

exporting wifi songs really requires dumping of the actual sav, or someone with a whole lot of patience to manually copy over every single note.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nope.
woodR4's romloader doesn't work on M3real, and the one you linked makes use of the native romloader so it should have at best the same compatibility as the regular m3real firmwares.

LeMoonwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thedicemaster said:
and the one you linked makes use of the native romloader so it should have at best the same compatibility as the regular m3real firmwares.
Yes, I just realized that, by spending 2 hours trying to make it work
mellow.gif

There has to be a way to get customs on an M3 !
hate2.gif

Maybe hex-editing the save?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LeMoonwalker said:
thedicemaster said:
and the one you linked makes use of the native romloader so it should have at best the same compatibility as the regular m3real firmwares.
Yes, I just realized that, by spending 2 hours trying to make it work
mellow.gif

There has to be a way to get customs on an M3 !
hate2.gif

Maybe hex-editing the save?
before even considering trying that i first need an M3real save with a working custom song for comparison.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
scary.
used my own save file(exact same state, testsong1 working, seasons broken) but i got nowhere.
problem is, custom songs you make are saved in 2 32KB chunks.
BDX songs however consist of only 1 32KB chunk.(also counts for imported songs)

EDIT: ok, got a little further and no further at all.
bdxtool does insert both chunks when inserting into custom slots.
however it seems to insert them in the wrong position.
should be 1A0000 distance between the start of both chunks i think, but bdxtool makes the distance a bit random.

LeMoonwalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thedicemaster said:
bdxtool does insert both chunks when inserting into custom slots.
however it seems to insert them in the wrong position.
should be 1A0000 distance between the start of both chunks i think, but bdxtool makes the distance a bit random.

Ok, thank you for your research.
Do you think there's a way to "fix" this distance ?
Because I'm not very good with hex-editing when it requires more than just changing one line or two...
My editing program doesn't even let me copy or cut a whole song...

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm kinda giving up on it for now.
got a more effective solution coming in the mail next week, a "genuine" R4 from shoptemp.
with woodR4 it should let me import custom songs, and if you want i can then transfer some to an m3real save.
the problem is that m3real compacts the save, it seems to (re)move some blank space between sections of the save so they could use a 16MB save instead of 32MB.
this however means regular song importing methods no longer work, and the m3real doesn't seem to accept hex-editor added songs.
any songs however added by the game itself work fine, so with woodR4 i should be possible to transfer songs to both the official cart and m3real using the built-in song exchange feature.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
^or rather, use the japanese version.. its not like they need to fully understand japanese to play that song anyway.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dnniwa485 said:
^or rather, use the japanese version.. its not like they need to fully understand japanese to play that song anyway.
Japanese version however can't exchange songs with the european version using the built-in exchange feature.

what we're trying is not just to get custom songs working on m3real, but rather as m3real owners get custom songs imported onto an official cart.

and you must know by now how m3team handles requests for "fixes" for games that they already fixed.

to be honest it's not even an error really, they just use their own save format to make JWTB work which isn't compatible with DBBDX song injectors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: 4After Zeal fell it would have been good to see more ancient eras. Perhaps Sumeria based in one...