DS #4747: PokÃmon: HeartGold (USA)

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
Trying it on r4 with ysmenu. Let you know how it goes.

I'm using YSMenu (1.17a07) on an R4, and it froze randomly after a battle. The battle ended, the screen went black, and that was it. Was maybe the third or fourth battle I fought in the grass right outside of the beginning town.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
108 said:
triassic911 said:

I'm using YSMenu (1.17a07) on an R4, and it froze randomly after a battle. The battle ended, the screen went black, and that was it. Was maybe the third or fourth battle I fought in the grass right outside of the beginning town.
Yeah, just froze on me right after putting my name and about to be shrunk....
hate2.gif

Is there a patch anywhere???

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
108 said:
triassic911 said:

Yeah, just froze on me right after putting my name and about to be shrunk....
hate2.gif

Is there a patch anywhere???

There is, but it doesn't seem to work. At least, according to someone who could actually get it to patch the file (I, among others, cannot).

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's out finally. it only froze on me once using cyclon ds evo after an hour and going to route 46 first wild battle there black screen when it started.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also no patch for cycclon ds evo also with the lastest beat firmware. now i just need to test wi-fi...

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For NO$GBA users: you can play the game if you encrypt the ROM with eNDryptS and change the Reset/Startup Entrypoint to GBA Logo. Doing so will get you past the crash right after the talk with Prof. Oak and you'll be able to continue the game, but... after something a bit past 30 minutes of game (in my case, the first trainer battle after the rival battle), the ROM may crash (with a nice popup saying it has crashed). Since NO$GBA is an awesome emulator that doesn't write your save file until you close it (and doesn't write it at all if it crashes), you'll probably lose many save files this way.

So yeah... I'll wait until I get my DS (
0801.png
) and my own copy of SS before playing this game. If I've waited 10 years for a remake, I can surely wait a few more months until I can finally play it in all of its glory.

By the way, uh. Did you guys manage to get a patch to make the Japanese version work perfectly on all flashcarts and emulators? I'm just curious.
If not, then... who knows, maybe the game's cartridge does something like an infrared check (since that's how it connects to the Pokéwalker after all) every now and then, and if it notices the IR isn't working, it crashes the ROM on the next screen change?

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Zurren said:
For NO$GBA users: you can play the game if you encrypt the ROM with eNDryptS and change the Reset/Startup Entrypoint to GBA Logo. Doing so will get you past the crash right after the talk with Prof. Oak and you'll be able to continue the game, but... after something a bit past 30 minutes of game (in my case, the first trainer battle after the rival battle), the ROM may crash (with a nice popup saying it has crashed). Since NO$GBA is an awesome emulator that doesn't write your save file until you close it (and doesn't write it at all if it crashes), you'll probably lose many save files this way.

0801.png
) and my own copy of SS before playing this game. If I've waited 10 years for a remake, I can surely wait a few more months until I can finally play it in all of its glory.

By the way, uh. Did you guys manage to get a patch to make the Japanese version work perfectly on all flashcarts and emulators? I'm just curious.
If not, then... who knows, maybe the game's cartridge does something like an infrared check (since that's how it connects to the Pokéwalker after all) every now and then, and if it notices the IR isn't working, it crashes the ROM on the next screen change?
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the crashes are due to a check for the ir port. Who knows?

SoSly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using M3 DS Simply v1.14 ... able to load it up, play and save. But... random freeze at 10mins, and black screen about 10 mins later (just before cherrygrove).

And I don't know about everyone else, but my blackscreen wasn't a COMPLETE blackscreen... basically as I was walking west towards cherrygrove I could see the grass/trees cut off and everything after is black (so half the screen is black). It's not supposed to be black obviously and you should be able to walk there. So I go and enter the blackness and it freezes lol. Is that like everyone else's blackscreens?

Didn't try the AP patch but most said it doesn't work so...

dansparrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Zurren said:

0801.png

Well, I said the same thing about encrypted roms and GBA BIOS some hours ago in this topic, and as far as I've seen it NEVER crashes. If the rom crashes is because no$gba is an incomplete emulator, not because this specific rom. I've been playing for hours with no problems. So most of the people won't have to worry about that problem, because it's just something some people sees and some other people doesn't. Most of the problems are caused for older versions of no$gba, problems in the computer or things like that, specially if the PC doesn't have enough requirements to run the game at 100%. If the game is too slow or you change the speed settings in the options, then it will have lots of errors like that one.

Robedom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a freeze, every game animation still moves, music still plays, just character won't move. Cyclo 1.57

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work